Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting fully ready for my stamp to arrive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fully ready for my stamp to arrive.

I am currently pending for my stamp to come in on my sbr. In the meanwhile I have assembled it in pistol form so I can play with it. I ask the following question here because I know you guys have plenty of real experience with this and this is my first one.

The lower that I bought was already marked like this...

"SBR: S/N: #%*^"

Besides that (and that may be totally useless) isn't there something else that needs to be engraved on the lower? I went the trust route for the stamp if that matters.

The name of the trust and the city and state it's located in
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Gotcha, anyone have a recommendation for someone local to do this?

Comment

Identmarking.com
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ya, that's who did mine. And my latest stamp arrived back just under 6 months from the day I sent it in, and that's with 5 holidays in there.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Congrats. We might have to do a roll call for all those on "the Trust" and how it has served. them. I would be willing to bet that the list would be about 20 suppressors and equally as many SBRs. I am debating sending a $200 check for a stamp on a circa 1985 Monkey Wards Mossy 500 for a SBS. Stamp worth more than shotty was brand new. lol
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Identmarking.com
              x2 on Ident. They actually have people that work over time on Tuesday nights and you can schedule a time with them where you walk right in, get your engraving, and walk right out, rather than waiting.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

and FYI, you always want to have your weapons engraved before you even send the stamp paperwork out. If they screw up your receiver, you're out $200.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Your thread sparked me to check on mine as well.....

Bought a can through Silenced America, they did all paperwork. Check wasn't cashed for 7 weeks (a friend of mine that bought his 3 weeks after I did has his cashed in 2 weeks), so I contacted SA late March.

SA said they would resubmit with another check, which he states he did (now another 8 weeks later), and sent me a copy of the Form 4.

Guess what the NFA said this morning, 4 months later. No record exists.

WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Your thread sparked me to check on mine as well.....

Bought a can through Silenced America, they did all paperwork. Check wasn't cashed for 7 weeks (a friend of mine that bought his 3 weeks after I did has his cashed in 2 weeks), so I contacted SA late March.

SA said they would resubmit with another check, which he states he did (now another 8 weeks later), and sent me a copy of the Form 4.

Guess what the NFA said this morning, 4 months later. No record exists.

WTF???
                    Cause they never sent your paperwork. I have a friend dealing with an FFL there that everyone LOVES and he has pulled this shit on him for three NFA items. I begged my buddy to call the ATF with the SN and just ask..."nah, I trust him". Bull shit. One day he called them "nothing submitted"

Always submitt your own checks and own paperwork. Remove all doubt.

Comment

Your check is almost always cashed within 7 business days. Always make sure they cash that check, and call for updates occasionally (about once every two months) make sure everything is okay.

Comment

Your check is almost always cashed within 7 business days. Always make sure they cash that check, and call for updates occasionally (about once every two months) make sure everything is okay.
                        This thread got me thinking. I sent the NFA branch two corrected Form 1s 3 weeks ago from a camp here in Afg. Just called the branch and spoke to Robin....."no honey, we haven't seen it yet. You got time though. Your file is over here in the stack waiting for the corrected S/Ns." Apparently when it goes back to the sender for corrections the file keeps moving to the top. By the way she talked, I have another month plus before mine go to review. Probably longer. I sent these Form 1s in on Jan 17th.

Chaulk another fuck up by USPS.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          This thread got me thinking. I sent the NFA branch two corrected Form 1s 3 weeks ago from a camp here in Afg. Just called the branch and spoke to Robin....."no honey, we haven't seen it yet. You got time though. Your file is over here in the stack waiting for the corrected S/Ns." Apparently when it goes back to the sender for corrections the file keeps moving to the top. By the way she talked, I have another month plus before mine go to review. Probably longer. I sent these Form 1s in on Jan 17th.

Chaulk another fuck up by USPS.
                          When it gets rejected it's already made it to the top. Once the correction letter goes out it's still sitting on their desk. The moment the correction comes in they approve it and send it out. All of my corrections generally took 1 month including mail time.

Comment

and FYI, you always want to have your weapons engraved before you even send the stamp paperwork out. If they screw up your receiver, you're out $200.
                            I know, I know. I remember reading this exact thing from you way before I even sent my check in. I was super busy at the time and decided to roll the dice. If they are as good as you say I am not worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                              I know, I know. I remember reading this exact thing from you way before I even sent my check in. I was super busy at the time and decided to roll the dice. If they are as good as you say I am not worried about it.
                              They have screwed up the engraving on one of my AR15's in the past, just for reference. But all the other guns were done fine. Also, make sure the lower/receiver fits correctly. I didn't take my own advice once and ended up with an SBR lower that didn't fit any of my uppers and I had to machine the pins.

Comment

Working...
                              X