1911 Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Sights

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on 1911 sights. I bought a Springfield 1911 Range Officer and absolutely love the gun (my first 1911), but I just don’t like the plain Jane sites that are on it. I plan to use the gun for various competitions (3-gun, IPSC, etc), so I want to keep an adjustable rear sight. Any recommendations?

If you are gonna comp shoot go with a sight that is kinda bright and easy to pick up on in transition like a fiber front or something similar.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Les Baer, Novak, and Bomar all make good sights for 1911s so you might check them out.
      For a fiber optic type front sight I'd look at Dawson Precision. A lot of folks say they are faster with a notch rear and fiber optic front than with 3-dot sights.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I had the rear sight modified with white dots and a Trijicon front sight done on my Range Officer.

Comment

I purchased the Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight that Trick Pony mentioned (as did several other forums after a quick search). I'll have that thrown on there and see how I like it before I make too many other changes.

Comment

Crappy pic but you get the idea.

Comment

Im with ya on this one K. I got a Colt M1991A1 I want sights on. Not looking to comp shoot it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                I purchased the Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight that Trick Pony mentioned (as did several other forums after a quick search). I'll have that thrown on there and see how I like it before I make too many other changes.
                Why, you know you ain't going home till 12 months from now anyways.

24 days for me.

Seriously though, who runs these kinds of errands for you for gun stuff? My wife draws the line at dropping stuff like this off for me. Mostly cause she knows it is a sign of me spending money. Hell I have two of the Poly lowers over at Jeff's I haven't even picked up yet and won't until October.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
                  Crappy pic but you get the idea.
                  I still need to send mine into have SA do their work on mine. Maybe next R&R, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Why, you know you ain't going home till 12 months from now anyways.

24 days for me.

Seriously though, who runs these kinds of errands for you for gun stuff? My wife draws the line at dropping stuff like this off for me. Mostly cause she knows it is a sign of me spending money. Hell I have two of the Poly lowers over at Jeff's I haven't even picked up yet and won't until October.
                    My brother he lives in my house while I am gone and helps me take care of stuff (like get building permits, accepting mail, running various errands, etc) that I normally can't do because I am over here. The trust route works out great so he can legally pickup/transport things to/from the FFL. For example, my .308 suppressor paperwork came back, so he is going to drop off my 1911 to have the front sight installed and pick up the suppressor at the same time. Then when he picks up the 1911 sometime in the future... a Springfield M1A Loaded might be waiting for him.

I highly recommend Atwell Tactical (Richardson, TX - a little far from you)... he has just been awesome to work with. You know that we (contractors working overseas) are a pain to work with sometimes because we can't meet in person to talk about things. He has been extremely helpful!

But yeah... our contract just got extended until Jan 31st... so I don't know when I will be home again.

What are your plans this trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                      My brother he lives in my house while I am gone and helps me take care of stuff (like get building permits, accepting mail, running various errands, etc) that I normally can't do because I am over here. The trust route works out great so he can legally pickup/transport things to/from the FFL. For example, my .308 suppressor paperwork came back, so he is going to drop off my 1911 to have the front sight installed and pick up the suppressor at the same time. Then when he picks up the 1911 sometime in the future... a Springfield M1A Loaded might be waiting for him.

I highly recommend Atwell Tactical (Richardson, TX - a little far from you)... he has just been awesome to work with. You know that we (contractors working overseas) are a pain to work with sometimes because we can't meet in person to talk about things. He has been extremely helpful!

But yeah... our contract just got extended until Jan 31st... so I don't know when I will be home again.

What are your plans this trip?
                      Flying into DFW on Friday, doing my Global Entry interview and getting right back on a plane for Canada. Taking the wife and kid on a 9 day trip to Naigara Falls. Flying back into DFW then the very next day flying out to come back to Dubai. Rest in Dubai for 3 days and come back to country. I should have a job here until June next year....maybe longer if I play my hand right.

Comment

Ohh that's right, you had to get out of the country. I was planning on staying on this contract to the end (which was supposed to be Dec 31st) then I wanted to go back to Antarctica for a winter contract (Feb to Aug) and be done with contracting for good. So... we will see.

Comment

Working...
                        X