9mm: USP vs P226 vs M&P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm: USP vs P226 vs M&P

I'm looking for a 9mm pistol that comes with a factory threaded barrel for suppression purposes. The USP Tactical, various P226 threaded barrel models, and M&P with the threaded barrel kit are on my list to look at. Any preference among the three, or any others to consider?
    USP
    0%
    P226
    0%
    M&P
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

I have shot a suppressed 226 and USP before. The 226 iron sights are obstructed by the suppressor. It also had a decent amount of blowback debris. Ask gat0r about his, he can give you some insight. I really liked shooting my USP suppressed the most. The tall tactical sights clear any can, and I was shooting 1" groups at 20ft with the can. Didn't have any blowback and it ran perfectly and well balanced.

Edit: both were .45's, not 9mm.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

not the USP. we are currently overloaded with HK nutswingers.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

HK p30 + threaded barrel. USP is a good gun, but everything is proprietary.

Comment

I would like to say I hate the shit out of the p30.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Really, why's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Really, why's that?
              Trigger is terrible.

Comment

The trigger on a M&P blows goats, not sure they still offer the threaded barrel. You would have to buy a Storm Lake($220) That said you could buy the M&P, threaded barrel, Apex Tatical trigger/sear kit and still come out cheaper that the other two. If you go M&P I would buy a .40cal and buy the barrel in 9mm. Buy a couple of 9mm mags and you have best of everything. Not that I have that exact set up or anything

Comment

Ive read a lot of good stuff about the MP. I have been looking to pick one up

Comment

I've got an USP 9MM you can shoot, if you want. Think a threaded barrel replacement is $200 from H&K. I've got 3 H&K's. .45 USP Compact & .40 USP Compact & .9MM USP all are SA/DA variants. I'm an admitted H&K homer though, so I'm probably not much help.

Comment

In 3. 2. 1. Our H&K spokesman will comment.
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

P226 with Short reset trigger.

I f'n love mine. I've got a 9mm and will a have .40 here shortly.

Comment

I voted for the m&p since they feel the best to me.

It's to bad FN doesn't make a threaded version in 9mm with the suppressor ready sights.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

You can still find the M&P9 w/ threaded barrel kit but they are not as common (or inexpensive) as they used to be. I've seen them as low as 500-515 last year but not so much recently

Comment

Look into the USP-9 SD
                              Last edited by bottlerocket; 05-29-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X