Upper, Good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper, Good deal?

Just started my first AR build, I have a complete lower, Now I'm looking for a stripped upper. I found this one. What do you guys think? Is this a good deal and have any of you used it before?

Street car.

I don't personally like those. I like having a dust cover and forward assist on mine, but I'll cop to my rifle being a safe queen, for the most part. It isn't a bad price.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      I don't personally like those. I like having a dust cover and forward assist on mine, but I'll cop to my rifle being a safe queen, for the most part. It isn't a bad price.
      ok I see now that you cannot add either to it, I thought it just didn't come with them. Which upper do you recommend?
      Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by DriveWayBuilt View Post
        ok I see now that you cannot add either to it, I thought it just didn't come with them. Which upper do you recommend?
        Just an FYI, the slab side uppers are much thicker than your standared A3upper. The slab side is almost a full .25" thick, where as a standard A3 is thinner. Alot of benchrest guys I have talked to opt for the thicker upper as it does not have as much flex.

Not a tested theory by myself, but I have seen a slab side and it did appear thicker to me.
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I'm going to be building out this one soon:

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            I'm going to be building out this one soon:

http://shop.redxarms.com/AR15-STRIPP...IVER-A3URS.htm
            that's not a bad deal. I'll probably order that one.
            Street car.

Comment

I've had good luck with red X uppers as well as Palmetto... I don't think either are in stock at the moment
              03 cobra

Comment

Palmetto state had blem uppers for $69. Why not get one of those?
                It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

I like my slick side DPMS. It definitely is more beefy, and I could care less about it not having a cover or forward assist.
                  IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
                  X