Barrel Solvent Trap adapter.....looks legit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel Solvent Trap adapter.....looks legit

Remember the guy who marketed the perfectly legal adapters to mount a oil filter to for a poor mans suppressor?

Well looks like with some creative wording someone made one for a P22 and call it a solvent trap adapter. Really? Looks totally legit.

Originally posted by ebay ad
    We manufacture a 3/4-16 thread oil filter adapter for Walther P22 with extended barrel. Nice way to trap cleaning solvents during routine maintenance. All parts are made of 6061-T6 Aluminum. The adapter does not obstruct the factory sights and it eliminates the need for special wrenches to disassemble and clean. Thank You!

This auction is for the adapter only and is designed specifically to fit the Walther P22 with extended barrel. (Barrel not included)

Combined or multiple orders will not increase shipping charges.

PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA!
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-18-2013, 02:20 AM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Nice! It doesn't obstruct the sights so you can use them while cleaning.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
      Nice! It doesn't obstruct the sights so you can use them while cleaning.
      I tried putting his pictures here. That is one that stuck out to me.

Also, how do you punch a pistol barrel from the chamber without taking the barrel out of the slide? Can't answer with "bore snake" and still use the filter to catch the solvent.

Comment

That guy's gonna go to prison.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          That guy's gonna go to prison.
          He is gonna say he sold you a solvent trap. Oil filters just happen to be the same thread as his adapter. End user committed the crime not him.

If I had to take a guess: they may be manufactured and distributed by the same party that would arrest you for USING it as a suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            If I had to take a guess: they may be manufactured and distributed by the same party that would arrest you for USING it as a suppressor.
            This.

If you look at his feedback he's apparently sold quiet a few of these. It will be interesting to see what happens....

Comment

These have been around for a while. Personally, just the photo with the site picture would be enough to show me intent is elsewhere. But then again maybe there's no worry since the oil filter thing is so shitty in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                He is gonna say he sold you a solvent trap. Oil filters just happen to be the same thread as his adapter. End user committed the crime not him.

Cool man. I'm out, anyway.

Comment

Not going to lie, that thing could be pretty handy as a solvent trap...really.

I get tired of the solvent running down my AR barrel as I allow it to soak. I dont have gallons of the solvent to pour into a Rubbermaid so I just hang the barrel, and start to spray.

Only problem is it turns my garage floor black. Would be pretty nice to just screw on a container instead of having to clean up, after cleaning up my barrel.
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                    Not going to lie, that thing could be pretty handy as a solvent trap...really.

I get tired of the solvent running down my AR barrel as I allow it to soak. I dont have gallons of the solvent to pour into a Rubbermaid so I just hang the barrel, and start to spray.

Only problem is it turns my garage floor black. Would be pretty nice to just screw on a container instead of having to clean up, after cleaning up my barrel.
                    Why don't you just buy a tub?

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      Why don't you just buy a tub?
                      I know, I was just commenting on how compact, clean and easy it seems to be.

Not that a bucket is any different, I was just commenting on this idea in particular.
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

He's in burleson , somebody has to be able to get a phone number so we can call this guy !
                        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

years ago a guy in Germany sold solvent trap P22 extensions that had the same thread pitch as a plastic coke bottle, you know so when you clean your pistol the bottle catches the patches. Yeah he peddled them on ebay till the .gov caught on and paid him a visit. Donno if anything happened to him but he handed over all his shipping docs and from what I heard the feds went door to door picking them up

Comment

Working...
                          X