what's your hunting knives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your hunting knives?

Tired of my cheap stuff and looking to upgrade. Im talking 50.00 for 8 knives cheap.

Got my eye on this set right now.

you could take a deer apart in 10 minutes with that settup.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

I'll have to get a picture of it but I was out in Fredericksburg today picking up a truck and stopped in at the local knife store. Something caught my eye in the case and it was a hand crafted "Steve's Knives" fixed blade with an awesome inlayed handle. I can't believe what my usually cheap ass paid for it but for some reason I just had to have it. Wife picked up another of his customs that was Damascus blade and mammoth tooth inlayed handle. Don't even ask how much that one was! I feel stupid for how much we paid for these "art knives" but feel it was better than buying some stupid painting! LOL!!!

Comment

That benchmade setup looks like the way to go. I doubt you'd regret it. I love my benchmade knives. I've got a clip-point, and a sheep's foot, and they're both dead tough. I've worn out or broken every cheap brand on the market, and now that I've upgraded, there's no going back.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ive never owned a benchmade/lonewolf before. Only have a few kershaw pocket knives.

Only thing i dont like about the knives is it looks like the handles will stain very easy, or maybe thats just how they look.

Comment

For hunting I have a simple Gerber fixed blade with the bone blade on the opposite end tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              For hunting I have a simple Gerber fixed blade with the bone blade on the opposite end tip.

All the stuff i Have now is outdoor edge except one cheap winchester that was 13 bucks, but is a stupid sharp.

I hate gerbers for some reason, I dont know why just never liked them.

Comment

I got it as a gift one Christmas and it hasn't let me down yet. Whenever I spend money on a good knife like my 2 Kershaw's that I "had", I lose them.

Comment

I use an outdoor edge skinning knife and a schrade old timer skinning knife. Also have a gerber pack saw for bones...

Love my outdoor edge, it's super fucking sharp and doesn't dull easily.
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I got the whole kit black gt with all the knives and the breast spreader and tree saw/cutting board.

It works, but its a joke. I do about 15 deer a year easy or more. a few of my own and the rest for others at what we call camp Aka someones garage haha.

Comment

I have an old Queen Steel that holds an awesome edge and a stainless homemade job.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        I'll have to get a picture of it but I was out in Fredericksburg today picking up a truck and stopped in at the local knife store. Something caught my eye in the case and it was a hand crafted "Steve's Knives" fixed blade with an awesome inlayed handle. I can't believe what my usually cheap ass paid for it but for some reason I just had to have it. Wife picked up another of his customs that was Damascus blade and mammoth tooth inlayed handle. Don't even ask how much that one was! I feel stupid for how much we paid for these "art knives" but feel it was better than buying some stupid painting! LOL!!!
                        I love well made/hand-made knives, artsy or not. It's one of the reason's I'm a bit of a guitar collector. You actually own something unique and worth having.

Comment

Benchmade are great quality, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything they make.

Or this;

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            Benchmade are great quality, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything they make.

Or this;

If you throw it does it come back?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                              If you throw it does it come back?
                              If it came back, would you catch it?

I sure as hell wouldn't!

Comment

Working...
                              X