51% sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51% sign

A new restaurant opened in Keller not too long ago, Mo Fish. I went there the first week they opened. As I went to enter they have a 51% sign bigger than shit right by the front door. They have a very small bar and food is their majority revenue by looking the place. The bar comprisees maybe 15% of the space in the restaurant.
    My question is how does an establishment receive a 51% authority? It seems to me that the owner has put the sign there because of his/her personal agenda.

Anyone familiar with this certification chime in?

R

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
    A new restaurant opened in Keller not too long ago, Mo Fish. I went there the first week they opened. As I went to enter they have a 51% sign bigger than shit right by the front door. They have a very small bar and food is their majority revenue by looking the place. The bar comprisees maybe 15% of the space in the restaurant.
    My question is how does an establishment receive a 51% authority? It seems to me that the owner has put the sign there because of his/her personal agenda.

Anyone familiar with this certification chime in?

R
    it was addressed in the other thread

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
      it was addressed in the other thread
      Thanks dad.

Comment

I treat the matter of signage in simple terms. If a business owner chooses to exclude concealed carry customers from their preferred clientele they get none of my business, whether or not I'm carrying at the time.

Comment

Alright, I found the answer.

"Weapons Warning Sign - If alcohol sales constitute less than half of gross receipts, the required sign says: "It is unlawful to carry a weapon on the premises unless the person is licensed to carry the weapon under the concealed handgun law." If alcohol sales constitute more than half of gross receipts, the signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning which notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony."

So this place has the wrong sign there for whatever reason. TABC will send an agent there to have them correct it. Agent told me that their liquor sales constitutes 17% of their business.

Small victories are great.

Comment

Even if less than half of their sales are for on-premises consumption of alcohol, they can still put up a 30.06 sign if they don't want to permit carrying of concealed handguns on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Even if less than half of their sales are for on-premises consumption of alcohol, they can still put up a 30.06 sign if they don't want to permit carrying of concealed handguns on the property.
              I am aware of that. But they have to apply and post notice before they do it. My quest....follow the law, like we have to.

Comment

Let us know the result!
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Alright, I found the answer.

"Weapons Warning Sign - If alcohol sales constitute less than half of gross receipts, the required sign says: "It is unlawful to carry a weapon on the premises unless the person is licensed to carry the weapon under the concealed handgun law." If alcohol sales constitute more than half of gross receipts, the signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning which notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony."

So this place has the wrong sign there for whatever reason. TABC will send an agent there to have them correct it. Agent told me that their liquor sales constitutes 17% of their business.

Small victories are great.
                  So, you called TABC? Awesome. Due tell what happens.

I am aware of that. But they have to apply and post notice before they do it. My quest....follow the law, like we have to.
                  I disagree. 30.06 can be done by anyone at any time, they just have to make the sign that adheres to the law.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I would wager that the owner of Mo Fish voted for Obama.....both times.

Comment

GhostTX;1109013]So, you called TABC? Awesome. Due tell what happens.
                      The Agent will call me with a resolution after she talks with the owner. If no phone contact or resolution can be made, TABC will visit the establishment.

I disagree. 30.06 can be done by anyone at any time, they just have to make the sign that adheres to the law.
                      You might be right, as to the exact nuances of posting a 30.06 sign I thought I read that a "notice" had to be given before posting the legal sign.
                      I still adhere to the owners wishes, his food is good. It just did not sit right with me that he has a 51% sign when I know dam good and well that he does not derive 51% liquor revenue.

Besides it is raining, i'm bored and I have nothing better to do!

Comment

The Agent will call me with a resolution after she talks with the owner. If no phone contact or resolution can be made, TABC will visit the establishment.

You might be right, as to the exact nuances of posting a 30.06 sign I thought I read that a "notice" had to be given before posting the legal sign.
                        I still adhere to the owners wishes, his food is good. It just did not sit right with me that he has a 51% sign when I know dam good and well that he does not derive 51% liquor revenue.

Besides it is raining, i'm bored and I have nothing better to do!
                        "Notice" in the law is just proper display of the sign or proper verbal communication. Nothing to do with an application or whatever to the city/state.

I applaud you with the 51% sign. Improper use of it should not be condoned. Fortunately, business owners have to respond to higher authorities.

Similarly to 30.06 (ex. Dallas Zoo, Dallas Museum Of Art); however, the city has been informed and chooses not to address it. That was why the one law imposing fines on municipalities that improperly posted 30.06 would have been good. As it is, there's no punishment for local governments disobeying the law.

If you're bored, here's a site that tells "us folk" which businesses don't want our business:

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          "Notice" in the law is just proper display of the sign or proper verbal communication. Nothing to do with an application or whatever to the city/state.

I applaud you with the 51% sign. Improper use of it should not be condoned. Fortunately, business owners have to respond to higher authorities.

Similarly to 30.06 (ex. Dallas Zoo, Dallas Museum Of Art); however, the city has been informed and chooses not to address it. That was why the one law imposing fines on municipalities that improperly posted 30.06 would have been good. As it is, there's no punishment for local governments disobeying the law.

If you're bored, here's a site that tells "us folk" which businesses don't want our business:
                          http://www.texas3006.com/

I believe you are 100% right. Found this in some law forums pertaining to 30.06 vs 51%.

Any private business owner has the right to allow or not allow firearms legally carried or not in his premises. Just as you are allowed to allow them or not in your home. As i said this is just my observation and inturpretation of the law as i read it.
                          Edited: TABC states you must by law put under 51% sign up period no questions asked its the law if you do not sell 51% or over. TPC states if you do not want any firearms carried on premises you must post a legal 30.06 sign that's the reason in my opinion for both signs.
                          So as I read the law, you have to have "both" signs, "below51%" and a "30.06" sign if you have a restaurant that serves liquor and do NOT want weapons on your property. Both have to adhere to the size/color requirements to be legal.
                          The below 51% because you are required by TABC rules. The 30.06 because you are a liberal fuck who is afraid of big bad guns............
                          Phew-------what a tedious thing it is to sift through this legal crap.....Im glad I fly airplanes for a living.

Comment

I believe you are 100% right. Found this in some law forums pertaining to 30.06 vs 51%.

So as I read the law, you have to have "both" signs, "below51%" and a "30.06" sign if you have a restaurant that serves liquor and do NOT want weapons on your property. Both have to adhere to the size/color requirements to be legal.
                            The below 51% because you are required by TABC rules. The 30.06 because you are a liberal fuck who is afraid of big bad guns............
                            Phew-------what a tedious thing it is to sift through this legal crap.....Im glad I fly airplanes for a living.
                            Sums it up about right. Lots of people get the "below 51%" confused as an anti-CHL sign, when in fact, it specifically states the "unlicensed possession of..."

Heck...traveling and carrying is more of a pain, 'cause then you got to research the nuances of other state laws.

Comment

So......I went to Mo-Fish this evening. 51% sign down.....

Now two, yes two under 51% signs (in English) up in window. Still not legal.

But no 30.06 sign. I carried......not going to fuck with them about no EspaƱol sign.

If I do they might get wise and put one up(30.06)

Comment

Working...
                              X