H&K Germany in finacial trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&K Germany in finacial trouble

Germany newspaper Die Welt reports that Heckler & Koch (Germany) have more debts than they have assets and they have been unable to cover the cost of interest payments on their debts. Their debts are 7.2 million euroes greater than their assets. As best as I can make out (technical articles don’t translate well with … Read More …
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

That's what those fuckers get, for not bringing the good shit to America!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

They have been in and out of financial trouble for a while starting with the G11 and it being a colossal (albeit innovative) failure.

The executives need to realize that they can't sell millions of MP5s to stay profitable anymore when their potential customer base has millions of MP5s.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'll take a handful at a deeply discounted price.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          They have been in and out of financial trouble for a while starting with the G11 and it being a colossal (albeit innovative) failure.

The executives need to realize that they can't sell millions of MP5s to stay profitable anymore when their potential customer base has millions of MP5s.
          Here's a chance to buy them out.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            Here's a chance to buy them out.
            Shit, I would be happy with H&K USA.

The company has multiple branches kind of like Colt Defense and Colt's Manufacturing Co.

HK has Defense and Law Enforcement,HK Sporting Firearms, and Heckler & Koch Jagd und Sportwaffen, not to mention HK USA. That company is too essential to the armed forces of Germany to let go under (they supply the entire Bundeswehr, not to mention half of Europe with small arms).

Comment

lol! been saying that overpriced ass company is going down hill for years. Hell I was just joking, but looks like I was right. Maybe they should call glock and ask them how to run a successful gun business

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                lol! been saying that overpriced ass company is going down hill for years. Hell I was just joking, but looks like I was right. Maybe they should call glock and ask them how to run a successful gun business
                Just get huge government contracts (cities, municipalities, governments) and you're in!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  Just get huge government contracts (cities, municipalities, governments) and you're in!
                  Even then most agencies couldn't afford that junk directly.

Comment

hell, mass product mp5's in semi auto as pistols in the sub $1000 range and let's talk recovery!

Personally, I now love my GSG-5 .22LR even more now! LoL!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      hell, mass product mp5's in semi auto as pistols in the sub $1000 range and let's talk recovery!

Personally, I now love my GSG-5 .22LR even more now! LoL!
                      They never should've sold their American tooling. PTR-91 is doing a tidy business on it, now. They should've just waited out the assault rifle ban, and opened the flood gates. Those rifles can't take any more effort than an AK to build.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        They never should've sold their American tooling. PTR-91 is doing a tidy business on it, now. They should've just waited out the assault rifle ban, and opened the flood gates. Those rifles can't take any more effort than an AK to build.
                        They did that with the SP89 but it just did not sell well. When you are talking about over sized MP5 pistol variants you are marketing to a very small client base.

According to the article coupled with my page translator, when it comes to H&K GMBH there is "no question of insolvency. Better business in the coming years to reduce the debt". Interestingly it also says 80% of the company's sales are outside of Germany (primarily to the US and the UK).

The massive arms makers that are relics of the runaway military-industrial complex of the Cold War are simply struggling to find an identity right now. Hell, Colt Defense has been in bankruptcy twice, once in the 90s and one like last year and even Russian Izhmash is officially bankrupt now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          Maybe they should call glock and ask them how to run a successful gun business

L-O-L!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                          X