New world record 5 shot, 100 yard group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    In all seriousness how do they measure a group that small? Do they have a metrologist out there or something?
    From what I have been reading, they simply measure the variance in the single hole that is produced in the paper.

For reference:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
      The Benchrest guys on the other board were saying that they send the target off to a rules committee and they measure it with some kind of electron microscope. They had a thread on Benchrest Central about him shooting that group a month or so ago and that the target was sent off to the "committee" to see if it was a going to beat McMIllan's .009. Then word came today that it did indeed beat Mac McMillan's. I can not even begin to think how you shoot a group that small. Unbelievable.
      Dammit, posted while I was "researching."

Comment

Very interesting. I don't know if I want to get involved in a level of competition shooting where you have to send your targets off to get verified by an electron microscope, lol.

Badass stuff though, I would love to see that guy shoot.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I totally agree. The 100/200 yard guys have WAY too much time on their hands. But, they have a great skill.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            HK 91 rechambered. Otherwise stock.
            I'm LMMFAO right now. Well played
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

So it was a hi-point carbine?

Comment

I could do it with my 10/22.

Comment

I really would like to get a shooting bag and try to really get a tight group.

This was done with a Remington 700 PSS back in the early 90's with Redfield LE scope at 100 yards with Remington UMC 150 gn FMJ ammo. The gun has a bipod up front and I was shooting from the seat at Alpine with no sand/bean bag at the stock:

My current .308 setup is a Remington LTR 700 with a Nightforce 4.5-15x scope with the NP-1RR reticle.. I need to go play with it...

Comment

Working...
                  X