Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TactiPac FusionPac IWB.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...P9IY_yOHu3irxw
    i kinda like this iwb. no clips full tuck.
    Last edited by soap; 08-09-2013, 04:19 AM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Looks neat, but why couldn't you just use a velcro belt with the supertuck?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Hmmm.. I like the idea of not having to rely on your normal belt. I use a supertuck knockoff with now, which works well, but I do not tuck in my shirt. I think I like the idea of this one better.

Comment

Looks a lot more user friendly then the supertuck.More comfortable to...

Comment

This is cool. Might sell my Crossbreed look alike and pick one up. The crossbreed is so damn hard to move around and re-position quickly, not to mention not having to wear a belt would be cool.
          2012 GT500

Comment

$79 is pricey. Should be cheaper. I dunno but a iwb should be attached to a belt for stability. Ive got a box full of holsters that i bought and tried out. The crossbreed seems to be my favorite so far.
            ./ ____ _ _\.
            (]]]_ o _[[[)
            \o_FORD_o/
            |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Looks ok, but betting it is hot thou.
              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
                Looks ok, but betting it is hot thou.
                I bought a belly band holster and hated that it was so hot.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Doesn't look like you can adjust the cant of the holster.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    This is cool. Might sell my Crossbreed look alike and pick one up. The crossbreed is so damn hard to move around and re-position quickly, not to mention not having to wear a belt would be cool.
                    Lookalike ≠ Crossbreed Supertuck
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      it is almost identical. Same clip position/cant etc. The holster is comfortable to me, but hard to adjust getting on and off the bike because of the dual clip setup. I can't imagine the crossbreed being much different as they are identical in almost every way. (Shepard's gun leather)

Another cool thing about that holster is that you could carry a normal gun in gym shorts without having to worry about it pulling your shorts down..
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        That may be true, to an extent, but the only issue I have with my imitator (Harwell Holster) is really with the overall design, so the issue would be the same with the true Crossbreed. I really have 4 issues with it, though 3 are based on the same belt clip design:

1. The dual clips, one on either side of the gun, causes a noticeable "lump" in your belt, even when wearing a good stiff belt. So when tucked, the deformity is noticeable (see my awesome MS Paint illustration). Obviously the stiffer the belt, the less noticeable this is, but still an issue.

2. The way the clips provide the ability to tuck, creates a very small valley to actually fit the shirt into, and makes it a PITA to actually do the tuck.

3. Exposed belt clips look out of place on your belt when tucked. I think this is actually more of an issue on the Crossbreed than on mine, since they have logos on them, which might draw more attention as people try to discern the logo on those weird clips. I know that they have the J hook option, but you still have the clip poking out the bottom, so that does not completely eliminate the issue. That option also causes the weight of the gun to be carried on the pants themselves, rather than the belt, and only the upforce on a draw is placed on the belt. I know there is yet another option to use the velcro on the inside of the belt, but then you are in to a fix for a fix.

4. The weight of the gun is supported by the same belt that holds up my pants / shorts, so readjusting the gun requires readjusting pants. And belt loop position on pants can interfere with my preferred placement. I like to have the ability to move the gun depending on my positioning. For example, when standing I like it more at about the 4 o'clock position but while sitting, like it right at 3 o'clock. Even this small of a movement is hindered in several of my pants options, based on belt loop (and pocket) position on the pants.

Don't get me wrong, these are somewhat minor issues for me, since I don't usually tuck anyhow, and I really do like the comfort of the holster over all.

So when looking at this TactiPac, to me it eliminates my only issues with the supertuck, and even gives a few added bonuses. In theory anyhow, since there could be other flaws with this one that will not be apparent until wearing it.

All of the above issues are eliminated since there are no clips and the gun is not connected to my pants or belt. There will likely still be a bit of a bulge, but I would think it will not be as pronounced without the clips pulling the belt in.

The added benefits I see, some of which already mentioned, are:
                        1. You can carry when not wearing a belt (gym shorts, track pants, etc).
                        2. No need to spend extra money on a good quality gun belt; for initial purchase, color changes (brown or black), nor replacements as the belts wear out.
                        3. Significant increase in possible carry positions.
                        4. Less concern of control of the gun when dropping trou in public restrooms.

The main downfall I worry about, at least for me specifically, is impossible to know for sure until trying one. That is based on the stability of the system. Will the holster stay in place as well as one tied to my belt? I think that for the most part this won't be an issue, because I will still have a belt holding on to the outside but if the inner belt dips too far below the outer it could cause draw and re-holstering issues.

Second would be if the belt under my pants would cause any added discomfort.

This, of course, is all based on my own personal use and needs, and I am sure will vary greatly depending on individual. Even if I were to get this new one, and find it a perfect solution for me, I know that does not mean it would make this one "better" than the Crossbreed. Just possibly better for me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

1. The dual clips, one on either side of the gun, causes a noticeable "lump" in your belt, even when wearing a good stiff belt. So when tucked, the deformity is noticeable (see my awesome MS Paint illustration). Obviously the stiffer the belt, the less noticeable this is, but still an issue.

2. The way the clips provide the ability to tuck, creates a very small valley to actually fit the shirt into, and makes it a PITA to actually do the tuck.

3. Exposed belt clips look out of place on your belt when tucked. I think this is actually more of an issue on the Crossbreed than on mine, since they have logos on them, which might draw more attention as people try to discern the logo on those weird clips. I know that they have the J hook option, but you still have the clip poking out the bottom, so that does not completely eliminate the issue. That option also causes the weight of the gun to be carried on the pants themselves, rather than the belt, and only the upforce on a draw is placed on the belt. I know there is yet another option to use the velcro on the inside of the belt, but then you are in to a fix for a fix.

4. The weight of the gun is supported by the same belt that holds up my pants / shorts, so readjusting the gun requires readjusting pants. And belt loop position on pants can interfere with my preferred placement. I like to have the ability to move the gun depending on my positioning. For example, when standing I like it more at about the 4 o'clock position but while sitting, like it right at 3 o'clock. Even this small of a movement is hindered in several of my pants options, based on belt loop (and pocket) position on the pants.
                          I agree with your #1, but any IWB is going to have a lump. There's a gun there, it's gonna push material out.

Totally agree with #2. Royal pain to tuck the shirt in over the CB.

#3, I've worn it tucked in to 2 weddings, a reception and a funeral. No one has ever bothered to ask me about the clips. Dunno if they think it's a phone holder or what. It's never been an issue for me.

#4 Agreed. When I sit and stand a lot, the CB holster slowly migrates from 4-4:30 to 3 on me. I gotta go to restroom and "reset" it. If I'm standing all/most of the day, no problem. I think just the sitting down and up, the seat back pushes the unit forward.

I like the concept of this Tactipac for your same reason. I'd like to try it before outlaying $80 and I've always adjusted the cant on the holsters I have, which looks like I cannot on the Tactipac.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                          X