Good home shot gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good home shot gun

Looking for a good home defense\tactical shot gun. I don't mind building one, just courious on a good platform. I've been looking at ether a mosberg 500 or Remington 870.

shotgun

It all depends on what you want to spend. You can find the Mossberg 500 persuader (I think) for $269ish. An 870 is going to run you an easy $100 more as a base.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

You can't go wrong with either platform, however the Mossberg is in my opinion superior. On the 870 the ejector is a riveted in steel ribbon that when broken must be drilled out of the receiver, replaced, spot welded, and then the receiver must be refinished. The Mossberg 500s ejector is installed with a simple flathead screw.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

what i have..

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

870 > 500 IMHO. I love my Wingmaster. My buddy had a Mossberg that gave him nothing but issues. Would often times dump shells out the bottom of the gun instead of chambering them.

Comment

I had an 870 express that had nothing but feeding problems. I read somewhere that the express guns werent built as nice...just dont know how true. Had one of the mossberg 500 pistol grip guns that i got back when they were really cheap. Never cleaned it....left it in the garage where it got rusted up....always function perfect!

Comment

I'd SBS one for the house. A shotgun with an 18" barrel is a long mother fucker and almost drags the hall way walls if I'm in any kind of shooting position.

That being said, I rock an m4 Benelli I got on trade.

Comment

Either is a good choice, I prefer the safety style on the 870 just because that is what I'm used to on my other shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I'd SBS one for the house. A shotgun with an 18" barrel is a long mother fucker and almost drags the hall way walls if I'm in any kind of shooting position.

That being said, I rock an m4 Benelli I got on trade.
                  I agree the SBS is the way to go if you are inclined to do the paperwork.

I have a Mossberg 500 that I got back in the mid 80's that I really want to SBS (stamp>gun) but as a house gun that I would want it to be, would lay close to the bed etc and be unsecured. I would hate to have to deal with the ATF should we get broken into and it is stolen.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

We’re the original online gun dealer. Find thousands of guns for sale at low prices. Buy your guns, ammo, and gun accessories with confidence at Impact Guns.

Comment

Either will work. I have the Mossberg 500 Persuader. I like it a lot. Got it cheap at Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I agree the SBS is the way to go if you are inclined to do the paperwork.

I have a Mossberg 500 that I got back in the mid 80's that I really want to SBS (stamp>gun) but as a house gun that I would want it to be, would lay close to the bed etc and be unsecured. I would hate to have to deal with the ATF should we get broken into and it is stolen.
                        Benelli is offering 14" barrels now, so you can get a cheap Nova, and switch in a factory barrel when your stamp comes in. They also offer factory guns in 14", but why wait around a year?
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

KEL tec. KSG is on my shopping list.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                              KEL tec. KSG is on my shopping list.
                              Those are gigantic hunks of shit.

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X