Sig MPX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig MPX

Saw a brief bit on American Rifleman about these and thought they were pretty neat. Seems as they could be a pretty good competitor against the MP5. Says they are going to offer them in non select fire for civilians in a year. I'm liking the integral suppressed version but the others look nice as well.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Hell it looks just like a skinnier version of an MP5SD!

Comment

I'd like one, but the only price I've seen is around $2k. If I ever drop that much coin with them, the first thing on the list is a P210.
      Last edited by YALE; 08-27-2013, 05:52 AM.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        a P210.
        Your taste in firearms is exquisite!

That being said the problem with going head to head with the MP5 is that well, submachine guns are obsolete. Their role has been replaced by the cqb carbine. Lastly a post-sample mp5 costs police departments something like $800.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Your taste in firearms is exquisite!

That being said the problem with going head to head with the MP5 is that well, submachine guns are obsolete. Their role has been replaced by the cqb carbine. Lastly a post-sample mp5 costs police departments something like $800.
          What's a 210??

I agree, I really can't think of a good use for a submachine gun anymore that wouldn't be filled better by a CQB Carbine as you put it.

Is that really the right term? Would an SBR or PDW be a better term?

In either case, any ideas what role a submachine gun could fill now a days?

Comment

It could make a good little camp carbine, if you wanted to use the same ammo, but honestly, a cheaper and more effective carbine would be one of those AK pistols from the other thread with a stamp and a folding stock. You'd be like $800 into the whole deal.

Comment

A pistol caliber AR, or a Just Right Carbine wouldn't be terrible.

Comment

I will happily take it up the ass for a real MP5sd.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                  I will happily take it up the ass for a real MP5sd.
                  I have a feeling that you'd "happily take it up the ass" for far less.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    $80 in Tapco gift certificates is the offer he threw me once.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      $80 in Tapco gift certificates is the offer he threw me once.
                      LOL i hate tapco.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        $50 buffalo wild wings gift card?

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                        X