• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's This Worth?

Kimber 8400 Advanced Tactical .308
    Leupold 8.5x25x50 Mark 4 with Mark 4 aluminum rings
    Harris Bi Pod
    Pelican Case

Damn that's nice! That package should retail around $4k, unless I'm missing something.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yale is about right on retail. One thing to worry about is the accuracy, Kimber rifles seem to be hit or miss.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Yale is about right on retail. One thing to worry about is the accuracy, Kimber rifles seem to be hit or miss.
        Exactly what I was going to post on accuracy, there are quite a few gun smiths that will not even work on them because of this....

I was thinking closer to $3000 as it sits....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
          I was thinking closer to $3000 as it sits....
          This is what I was thinking depending on which model the scope is. Also their retail is way overpriced for what you get, unless it is bought at a discount.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Thanks fellas for the help!

Comment

My kimber 8400 300wsm holds a little over an inch at 100 yards, but it is the standard model (thin barrel). I would guess the value of the package in question to be about $3,500-$4,000.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

The owner wants to trade for my (ATV) 2007 KFX 700. He also has $500 worth of ammo.

Comment

Ended up trading for this rifle package. Scope is a Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 M1 Mil Dot. Also came with at least $600 worth of ammo.

Comment

Right on. You should be ready to rock for a tactical rig. You should come out to shoot with it at Tac-Pro. Now you need a press, if you don't already have one.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      Right on. You should be ready to rock for a tactical rig. You should come out to shoot with it at Tac-Pro. Now you need a press, if you don't already have one.
                      I live down in Corpus Christi. There aren't any ranges here for long range shooting that I know of. Main reason I traded for it was mainly due to it holding a better value compared to my used ATV. May look into trading it later for a AR10 of equal value.

Comment

You'd be in a Larue or POF for similar value.

Comment

I have a couple of local people interested in this set-up. If "YOU" owned this set-up & were going to put a trade value on it what would it be?

Comment

I meant to mention this earlier, but there are a couple of ranges near you with 400-500m rifle ranges.

Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club, FM Road 763, Corpus Christi, TX 78413.
                            Phone: 361-852-1212
                            Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (50 yds to 500 m), Outdoor Rifle (500 m), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Trap, Skeet, Archery, Airgun
                            It says this one is private, but joining might be easy. I'd call. Private ranges are the greatest thing ever in the gun world.
                            EDIT: Looks like it's easy enough to join. http://www.ccpistolrifleclub.com/memberships/

Corpus Christi - Highway 44 Shooting Range, 7901 McGloin Rd., Corpus Christi, TX 78415.
                            Phone: 361-265-0258
                            Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25 meters), Outdoor Rifle (400 yd), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Archery

Comment

Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club has a 200 yard rifle range. Pretty nice place though. Highway 44 Shooting Range is kind of new so haven't been there. Thanks for the info though!

Comment

Working...
                              X