Gun safe furniture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun safe furniture.

I know there was a guy on here making furniture with secret compartments. This guys stuff is very nice as well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pYqquG27pg[/ame]

R.
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

E.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        R.
        Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
        E.
        Mix
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Repost!

Comment

Ehh

Comment

I hadn't seen it. That is fucking slick.

Comment

Pretty cool, but again like the last guys furniture what protects it from fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  Pretty cool, but again like the last guys furniture what protects it from fire?
                  After a couple of stories from people I know - I doubt most consumer level safes will do that either. 1 of them had all their stuff replaced via the safe company, but if you have irreplaceable stuff in there you'd either have to buy a UBER expensive one or figure something else out.

Both were in the garage for house fires. The one I know used to be rich (alcoholism/family problems took care of that) and did not have a cheap safe (don't remember details though) - and it still was unable to stop the heat. This is the one that had it all replaced.

With that said, as I understand it the expensive safe provided some protection but everything inside was boogered up from higher heat. Any paper/ammo would most likely be toast and any plastic/wood stocks/parts would be toast. Carpet lining, melted...so on and so forth.

I'd think the only way to be reasonably would be to have sprinklers all around it helping to reduce heat.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I think it all depends on the length of time it is exposed of course. From what I have seen with good safes they suffer from smoke damage, but still maintain good structure. With them in wood, you might as well consider it a total loss. You have no barrier with that, rather an accelerant.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      I think it all depends on the length of time it is exposed of course. From what I have seen with good safes they suffer from smoke damage, but still maintain good structure. With them in wood, you might as well consider it a total loss. You have no barrier with that, rather an accelerant.
                      Roger, I can certainly agree with all that.

Plus, looking at the prices on that site - unless you just want quick access to hidden guns in the home - you're better off saving a few more pennies for a good safe.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It's nice, but $3900 of nice... And that is just the starting price..

Comment

Working...
                        X