Sbr ak-47/74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbr ak-47/74

What's the best option for SBRing an AK-47/74? Start with a full size rifle and cut the barrel down or go with a pistol and add a stock?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Go with a pistol.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      What's the best option for SBRing an AK-47/74? Start with a full size rifle and cut the barrel down or go with a pistol and add a stock?
      Pistol.

Gas system is already properly sized. You only need to add a stock when you get the stamp.

The other way around you 've got a lot of parts to replace

Comment

I bought a krink kit and having it built. But a complete pistol would probably be easiest route.

Comment

at prices of kits these days buy a pistol and add a stock

Easiest and best route in my opinion is do an arsenal

they already have the folding stock rear trunion in place all you need do once you register it is drive the pin out of the block in the trunion and replace that block with a stock. if you want you can have the front of the receiver cut for the stock retaining latch but it is not 100% necessary tho were it mine I would

cutting down a rifle is a massive pain in the ass and requires a lot more than just chopping the barrel plus your left with the regular top cover and not the much cooler and infinitely better folding krink top cover

Comment

Pistol for sure. Avoid pulling barrels at all costs, ask Steve's eyebrow.

I agree with Steve above, Arsenal all the way. My next AK will be an Arsenal krink in .223.
            Last edited by CJ; 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I like this one, but only if I can put an under-folding stock on it.
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                I like this one, but only if I can put an under-folding stock on it.
                Underfolders require a whole lot of work, that is unless you buy a Draco C, some of them already have an underfolder trunion, you just drill it and install the stock. Just make sure it does in fact have the underfolder trunion.

Last edited by CJ; 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I love my M92. I don't want to add a stock to it.
                  2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
                  2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
                  2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Originally posted by MGannaway View Post
                    I love my M92. I don't want to add a stock to it.
                    You want to keep your rifle in a state it can't be used correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      You want to keep your rifle in a state it can't be used correctly?
                      I just like that its small. I have an sks or ar15 if I want to shoot farther.
                      2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

I just like that its small. I have an sks or ar15 if I want to shoot farther.
                        You put a folder stock on it and it stays the same size. That's why SBR AK's make so much sense. Really small. That's why I want to do a krink in .223, much smaller than an AR15.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          You put a folder stock on it and it stays the same size. That's why SBR AK's make so much sense. Really small. That's why I want to do a krink in .223, much smaller than an AR15.
                          Yea I would rather stay off any lists and putting a stock on the m92 isn't worth getting put on that list.
                          2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Yea I would rather stay off any lists and putting a stock on the m92 isn't worth getting put on that list.
                            Trust me, you're already on the list.

Comment

Yeah, we're already on it. We might as well embrace it and use it.
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X