Thoughts on Ruger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Ruger?

I've never cared for them honestly... but its more less because of heresay.

Considering either a Glock 19 or a Ruger SR9C. Like both, and will be shooting both this afternoon... wanted to get a thread started on it so it has time to develop some opinions!!

This will be for EDC btw.

They both run well. Who's been feeding you bullshit lies about Ruger? They build some of the toughest revolvers known to man.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      They both run well. Who's been feeding you bullshit lies about Ruger? They build some of the toughest revolvers known to man.
      Ok let me rephrase, talking about semi-auto only... I know they make good revolvers... but have been told that they aren't exactly on par when it comes to semi-auto. Could be wrong, just what I've heard.

Comment

My carry is a (way oversized) p95DC. I've had several p-series SA pistols and have never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
          I've never cared for them honestly... but its more less because of heresay.

Considering either a Glock 19 or a Ruger SR9C. Like both, and will be shooting both this afternoon... wanted to get a thread started on it so it has time to develop some opinions!!

This will be for EDC btw.
          I don't have a problem with either of them and I've heard good things about the SR9C. But of the two choices given, I'd go with a Glock 19. I'm actually looking at that or an XDm as my next handgun purchase.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          My carry is a (way oversized) p95DC. I've had several p-series SA pistols and have never had an issue.
          Seriously Sean? Heavy ass gun (I'd say almost on par with my full size 1911 ) but dead nuts reliable from what I've heard. Had a buddy that had a P89 and a P90 and loved them. The P89 was actually mine for a short while back in the early to mid 90's I think.

Comment

Ruger? Answer is always 10/22. Always.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I was looking at the sr9c vs g19. For a little more size all around the glock gives you 15+1 vs 10+1, a full hand on the grip, none of the safety features (sr9c has a goofy lci, safety, etc) and a better trigger imo. 19/23 are the perfect size, they are effective for cc and a great fighting gun. Sr9c is going to be a bit more concealable and a good bit cheaper too. I ended up with a 4th gen 23
              2012 GT500

Comment

My main CC weapon is a SR9C. The only thing I don't care for is the red indicator that pops up saying that it's loaded.
                My summer carry is a LCP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  I was looking at the sr9c vs g19. For a little more size all around the glock gives you 15+1 vs 10+1, a full hand on the grip, none of the safety features (sr9c has a goofy lci, safety, etc) and a better trigger imo. 19/23 are the perfect size, they are effective for cc and a great fighting gun. Sr9c is going to be a bit more concealable and a good bit cheaper too. I ended up with a 4th gen 23
                  Really? What are the SR9C's going for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    I don't have a problem with either of them and I've heard good things about the SR9C. But of the two choices given, I'd go with a Glock 19. I'm actually looking at that or an XDm as my next handgun purchase.

Seriously Sean? Heavy ass gun (I'd say almost on par with my full size 1911 ) but dead nuts reliable from what I've heard. Had a buddy that had a P89 and a P90 and loved them. The P89 was actually mine for a short while back in the early to mid 90's I think.
                    Yeah, it's retarded. I need something smaller. I do have a 12' piece of paracord attached in the event I run out of ammo I can treat that fucker like a thug wrecking ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Really? What are the SR9C's going for?
                      last time i looked around $400-420. A gen 4 19 will still run you $550-600

Edit- sr9c for $411 @buds
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Yeah, it's retarded. I need something smaller. I do have a 12' piece of paracord attached in the event I run out of ammo I can treat that fucker like a thug wrecking ball.
                        Dude, just carry a long 70's tube sock. It won't get hung up on anything like a 550 cord lanyard will.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

ive owned several ruger p series. never a hiccup. i currently own several glocks, never a hiccup. shoot both, buy the one you like,shoot better with.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            last time i looked around $400-420. A gen 4 19 will still run you $550-600

Edit- sr9c for $411 @buds
                            CDNN has it a for a little cheaper. And Gen 3's for a little under that (think just a hair under $500). Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll forward you the email. Of course they are in Texas so sales tax and you pay for shipping and FFL.

Comment

No doubt man LOL!

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              ive owned several ruger p series. never a hiccup. i currently own several glocks, never a hiccup. shoot both, buy the one you like,shoot better with.

god bless.
                              In a little over 15 years that I had Glocks I only had one malfunction with the 4 Glocks I've owned.

Comment

Working...
                              X