AR Optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR Optics

I've already talked to a couple people about this but wanted to get a bigger opinion because I am pretty overwhelmed with the options. Right now I have a reflex and 3x magnifier, but I don't really like it all that much. As of now I'm getting set up for hog hunting in December. My limit is probably $300 MAX.

Throw a scope on it, and rock river arms has a awesome one piece mount for cheap. It used to be 45.00

Comment

Nikon Coyote Special, all day.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

What don’t you like about them?

I use a red dot and a magnifier, but I am becoming more fond of irons the more experience I get. Aside from irons, I guess you could throw an inexpensive scope on there.

I would check out Primary Arms and/or The Sample List.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Just from trying to line them up I have had problems and that may be what's causing my frustration. I guess I need to take some more time to try to line them up, although I'm kind of impatient.

Comment

Find a way to add to your budget and get this... http://dfwmustangs.net/class/showpro...le=acog&cat=21

Comment

Vortex makes some 1x4 scopes you can get for sub $200. Gander MTN has a ton of them in stock you can look at. I am not sure 1x4 will get you much more than you magnifier. Take the time to set them up, then decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Find a way to add to your budget and get this... http://dfwmustangs.net/class/showpro...le=acog&cat=21
                I second this notion!

Comment

I use a millet 4-16x50. $300 scope with a Burris pepr one piece mount. It has solid reviews on Optics Planet and in my opinion is the best bang for your buck. The illuminated recticle is a huge bonus. I've killed hogs at 30 yards to 160 yards with it.
                  03 cobra

Comment

I have the Nikon P223 works well and runs 199 plus about 40 for the mount.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                      What don’t you like about them?

I use a red dot and a magnifier, but I am becoming more fond of irons the more experience I get. Aside from irons, I guess you could throw an inexpensive scope on there.

I would check out Primary Arms and/or The Sample List.
                      I also just have the irons on mine anymore. I save the scope stuff for the .308.

Comment

Working...
                      X