1:7 twist AR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:7 twist AR?

I'm looking to build an AR to give my dad for Christmas, I already have everything but the upper in parts laying around. My question is will a 1 in 7 twist upper be good for both 55gr and 62gr since that seems to be what Palmetto keep running on their weekly special, I'm pretty sure all of mine are 1 in 9 twist.

Since pictures make everything better my new cooler and lowers showed up last friday If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to Yeti check out Brute, based out of Fort Worth and if you find the right dealer much cheaper than Yeti and just as good.

1:7 is fine.

Comment

I have both twist rates, shoot 55 and 62 grain, and I cannot tell a difference out of a 16" barrel.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Both are standard.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

1:7 will be just fine.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sounds good, I think I'll keep an eye on palmetto and wait till they have a free shipping deal or may a good black friday sale, since they want $15 shipping on the upper/lower kits currently on special.

Comment

That's exactly what I did last year. I went with all Palmetto State stuff (1:7 upper) and built it for my dad. We just went out shooting, and it ran through the ammo and shot great. My brother brought the ammo, but I'm pretty sure it was 55 gr.

Comment

Working...
              X