• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL @ this crap

Page 25:

Conclusion

The development and introduction of the .500 S&W Magnum handgun and
    round recklessly endangers the lives of law enforcement officers everywhere. At least
    one law enforcement officer has been slain with a lesser-powered 50 caliber handgun
    round, the 50 Action Express. Given the history of the modern gun industry—and in
    particular its demonstrated record of quickly following Smith & Wesson’s lead in
    innovation—there is every reason to believe that revolvers chambered in the .500
    S&W Magnum caliber will, within a few years, join the ranks of other cop-killing Smith
    & Wesson handgun innovations.
    This is the predictable and inevitable result of an industry out of control. The
    firearms industry is the only consumer product industry in America that is free of even
    the most basic health and safety regulation. Until the firearms industry is subjected
    to that oversight, we can only look forward to round after round of unscrupulous
    companies seeking, developing, and marketing ever greater firepower in pursuit of
    profit. Moreover, the current federal ban on armor-piercing handgun ammunition does
    not affect the .500 S&W because the law only restricts ammunition consisting of
    certain specified component metals. Although proposals have been made to update
    the armor-piercing ammo ban to incorporate a performance-based standard (i.e. any
    round that in fact can penetrate a vest), such efforts have been stymied by gun lobby
    opposition.
    Fucking ridiculous. And by the way, this entire article is about how .500 magnum will penetrate a vest. I know first hand (as many others on the board who were there) a 500 magnum will not penetrate a class I 20 year old vest (it will however kill the shit out of you in spite of that).
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I had to laugh at the "kill the shit out of you in spite of that" part.

How many officers have been killed with one of these?

Comment

I saw a cop shoot a guy once in New Orleans, he did in fact shit himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I had to laugh at the "kill the shit out of you in spite of that" part.

How many officers have been killed with one of these?
        I would say a very safe guess would be 0. Most gangsters don't spend the $1,400 MSRP on one of these, and then $3 per round. It's also a revolver, and if you tried to fire it gangster style it would probably break your wrist.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I would say a very safe guess would be 0. Most gangsters don't spend the $1,400 MSRP on one of these, and then $3 per round. It's also a revolver, and if you tried to fire it gangster style it would probably break your wrist.
          Do I sense a new contestant in the Homeboy marksmanship contest?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            Do I sense a new contestant in the Homeboy marksmanship contest?
            I very briefly considered it's admission but immediately dismissed it. That would be a terrible idea, but I am completely willing to let someone try it with mine, as long as the gun has a short lanyard tied to your torso.

Oh, the previous "most powerful handgun in the world" and S&W pioneer... the .44 magnum? How many officers did it kill? 2. In 60 years the .44 magnum has killed 2 police officers. Statistically a bolt of lightning is far more likely to kill you than a .44 magnum if you are a police officer.

Comment

I very briefly considered it's admission but immediately dismissed it. That would be a terrible idea, but I am completely willing to let someone try it with mine, as long as the gun has a short lanyard tied to your torso.

Oh, the previous "most powerful handgun in the world" and S&W pioneer... the .44 magnum? How many officers did it kill? 2. In 60 years the .44 magnum has killed 2 police officers. Statistically a bolt of lightning is far more likely to kill you than a .44 magnum if you are a police officer.
              Obviously we need to pass legislation to ban lightning.

Comment

Fuck it. I'm in
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Whoever wrote that likes to see homos naked.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Would you view them any other way?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
                    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                      Would you view them any other way?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Obviously we need to pass legislation to ban lightning.
                        I'll start a letter writing campaign for the immediate banning of "Assault Lightning". You know, for the kids.

Comment

Working...
                        X