Argentina Dove Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argentina Dove Hunt

A few friends and I are thinking about doing one of these, has anyone here ever done one or have suggestions on where to go and who to use?

My RVP went a few years back and said it was awesome. They litterally did everything for you except pull the trigger. IIRC, his was somewhere in the $5k range.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I bet Pewter Y2K Z28 has some good contacts.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

From what I have found googling there are some places that are 1100-1300 for everything except gun rental and license to do a 4 day 3 night. Looks like airfare runs about 1500-2000. If I could do it for under 4k I would be pretty happy.

Comment

My dad went last year and booked through South American Adventure Safaris. The place was top notch and they shot about 3k birds and went through about 6k shells. Doves, Pigeons and Parakeets are unlimited, they will also take you duck hunting (Teal mostly) and Perdiz (large quail) hunting as well. The cost was roughly 4k and that didn't include shells. Do NOT bring your own gun, my Dad melted a rib off a shotgun, lol.

I'd like to go this year when they go again but between just having our second kid, a honeymoon trip coming up in June and trying to save to go back to Africa I don't think it's going to happen. I think they are going stag hunting too which sucks to miss
          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Also, the Dallas Safari Club show is coming up in Jan. There are a lot of outfitter that will be there and it's worth a trip to talk with them and see what they can offer.

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

I will second the DSC show, tons of outfitters! I'll be going again this year.

Comment

Can you take semi autos down there? I hope you don't need a plug.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                  Also, the Dallas Safari Club show is coming up in Jan. There are a lot of outfitter that will be there and it's worth a trip to talk with them and see what they can offer.
                  Thanks for the info, I might just have to find a reason to be in DFW that weekend to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Can you take semi autos down there? I hope you don't need a plug.
                    Yes you can, and no , you don't have to have a plug.

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

I'll take my 1187 with a gigantic over sized competition trap magazine that holds 12 shells.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm good to go then

I plan on just renting one so I don't have to mess with traveling with a gun, plus I would like to spend a couple days sight seeing either before or after the hunt.

Comment

Everyone that I know that have gone have never had to load the guns, just hand it to the guide besides you.

Comment

Working...
                          X