First reloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First reloads

Cranked out my first reloads last night/ this morning. Took a while to get the dies set up, but once they were set I had no big issues. I used a few factory rounds to base my length and dimensions off of and used pretty light loads to start out. I'm using Hodgen Titegroup and I've had trouble metering it. It seems to stick to everything and doesn't meter very consistently. Maybe that's just the way powder is?

The only problem I had was figuring out crimp and neck tension. I just barely crimped my rounds to where it is barely noticeable. It seems to be just a bit more than the factory cases. I checked rounds in the barrel and they sit perfectly so hopefully everything goes fine.

2012 GT500

Wipe out your powder measure/drop and all parts with a dryer sheet to remove the static and give it an anti static coating. Do this as needed or every other time you reload. Should help with the powder sticking to the powder drop.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Fired the first two batches.

3.5g titegroup/180gr - Too little powder. Was keyhole-ing like a mofo.
      4.3g titegroup/ 180gr- much better. Less recoil than factory.

No pressure signs or issues. Glock ran em just fine. I think I'm going to go with 4.5-4.7g and stick with it.
      2012 GT500

Comment

I'll find that brass for you tomorrow!

Comment

Check for pressure signs at 4.5. Hodgdon lists 4.7 as the max for XTP HPs and Berry's FPs.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            Check for pressure signs at 4.5. Hodgdon lists 4.7 as the max for XTP HPs and Berry's FPs.
            ah. I'll keep an eye on it. Guess I won't go over 4.5
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              I'll find that brass for you tomorrow!
              No rush man.
              2012 GT500

Comment

dryer sheets and powdered graphite.

Comment

Another thing to be mindful of is primers. I know winchester large pistol does not differ in magnum and non magnum.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Another thing to be mindful of is primers. I know winchester large pistol does not differ in magnum and non magnum.
                    just using run of the mill Winchester wst small pistol primers
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Good deal man. You'll find reloading to be addicting.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
                      X