Shooting Way Far Away Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Way Far Away Classes

So I bought a gun that Im pretty sure can out shoot me.

So anyone know any place locally that does weekend(s) shooting classes on shooting way far away. Im pretty confident out to 500yds, but I want to learn beyond that from a good source.

Hmm, well Tac Pro isnt exactly local (Stephenville) but they do have a 1,000 yard range and offer plenty of nice classes.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post

So anyone know any place locally that does weekend(s) shooting classes on shooting way far away. Im pretty confident out to 500yds, but I want to learn beyond that from a good source.
      Is it a .338 by chance?

Comment

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Is it a .338 by chance?

No. Thought long and hard about going to that caliber, but 7.62 won out.

Comment

You'll do fine with that round. .338 sell for crack prices.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              You'll do fine with that round. .338 sell for crack prices.
              Oh I know. Main factor was I dont want to shoot guns that cost $5 a round from a store if I need it.

Comment

Oh I know. Main factor was I dont want to shoot guns that cost $5 a round from a store if I need it.
                At that point, .50bmg is cheaper, and does everything a .338 will do. Long distance precision still goes to the .338, but there are better rounds out there than even it, if you're willing to reload.

Comment

At that point, .50bmg is cheaper, and does everything a .338 will do. Long distance precision still goes to the .338, but there are better rounds out there than even it, if you're willing to reload.

And anything shooting a .50bmg is way bigger than I care to lug around or store.

Comment

And anything shooting a .50bmg is way bigger than I care to lug around or store.
                    Agreed. Have you decided on glass, yet?

EDIT: I forgot you're on the northern end of things. You should take a class from Chuck Ross, if you can. He's got a 1000yd range in the Gainesville area, I think. He's also cool as the other side of the pillow, and supremely talented at what he does. He built my DMR-AR15 upper, and I couldn't be happier.

Comment

Shooting Way Far Away Classes

Agreed. Have you decided on glass, yet?

EDIT: I forgot you're on the northern end of things. You should take a class from Chuck Ross, if you can. He's got a 1000yd range in the Gainesville area, I think. He's also cool as the other side of the pillow, and supremely talented at what he does. He built my DMR-AR15 upper, and I couldn't be happier.

http://www.rossgunworks.com/

Traded an M1 rifle and cash for a nightforce ATACR with the mil-r reticle.

Comment

Excellent trade!

Comment

Shit, sorry. 3 Mils Right is the name of his range/instruction school.

Comment

Shit, sorry. 3 Mils Right is the name of his range/instruction school.
                            I think it's closer to the Saint Jo area so depending on where he is it may not be all that close. Here is another option but I'm not sure about location in relativity to you.

Check out http://northtexasrifleprecision.com! Rifle and handloading/reloading instuction in North Texas.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

This place is near Stephenville:
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X