No more SAS QDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more SAS QDs

All of CJs talk about how badass the SAS cans are made me look into them. Emailed mile high inquiring about the WD since I like the convenience vs threading. This was the response

Hello~

As of right now SAS does not manufacture anymore QD suppressors for purchase. *We do still sell the TOMB (thread over muzzle break) style or the direct connect. *We do still make the QD breaks in .30cal and 5.56 for existing QD suppressors but we do not sell the actual QD suppressor. *You could replace the QD breaks with TOMB breaks or flash hiders and use the SAS suppressor this way on any weapon up to a .300WM.*

Thank you~
    Jamie Roth*
    Mile High Shooting Accessories
    SAS Distributer
    Kinda sucks

Oh and slightly off topic, isnt it BRAKE, not BREAK?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      All of CJs talk about how badass the SAS cans are made me look into them. Emailed mile high inquiring about the WD since I like the convenience vs threading. This was the response

Kinda sucks
      I'm not surprised. I was always confused why they even made one. SAS is primarily purchased/sold for target shooting. It's very popular on snipershide because it's one of the very few cans that has little POI shift at range. Another advantage is it's one of if not the lightest .300 magnum can available. Less weight/less barrel sag = less POI shift. Lastly it's less expensive than it's competition. QD is very bad for POI shift, and if I were to guess, it probably did have POI shift and SAS may have stopped production because it didn't sell well, or possibly because it might tarnish their accuracy reputation. Everyone that I know who owns one bought the TOMB.

This is a good post on someone who owns an AAC Cyclone (SAS Arbiter's primary competition) and an Arbiter. Pretty much sums it up.

I would suggest you try a few different cans out and see what you think. Personally, I can get the SAS can off the TOMB in about 5 seconds or so. It takes about 3-4 revolutions to come off.

I should preface all of this with the fact I did research for this can a few years ago. At the time it was a great buy and in my opinion one of the best. I checked weight, POI shift, reliability, warranty, sound suppressor tables (tons of these), and other users reviews and I felt like it was a great can. At the time I did not know anyone that owned one so I couldn't hear one in person. That's not to say there is not a better buy out there now, new manufacturers are coming out all the time, and that could be the case. I personally have been very happy with mine. My only complaint would be the TOMB flash hiders/brakes are expensive. On a .30 cal I don't mind that too much because most people are not going to have a ton of .30 cal guns they want to suppress.
      Last edited by CJ; 12-12-2013, 06:45 PM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Oh and slightly off topic, isnt it BRAKE, not BREAK?
        There's really no agreement on which to use. It's a muzzle brake because it slows recoil, and it's a muzzle break because it breaks the barrel momentarily before crown. Most people seem to use "brake" but I can't fault someone for using "break" either. I tend to call recoil reducing muzzle devices muzzle brakes, and everything else a flash hider.
        Last edited by CJ; 12-12-2013, 06:49 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

TOMB might be the way to go then. I am really not a fan of brakes on 223 caliber rifles... its not my goal in life to piss off every person near me at the range. I plan to run this for 223, 300BLK and 308 at the very least.

Comment

Working...
          X