Taxidermy show off your mounts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
    I can get one together if we get enough people interested.
    What's the minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
      What's the minimum?
      There isnt really any minimums, but if you got a group you could get some better pricing. I think they had some management stuff with 3 days lodging, food and drinks for around $2kper hunter. Most management deer would be 120" deer. It's an MLD property so they'll shoot deer all the way in Feb.

We own some property in Grand Saline and we could do a group pig hunt out there but the pigs are so inconsitant that I'd hate to put something together and no one see anything.
      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

lol, Pewter wins!
        www.dfwcamaros.com

Comment

i knew pewter would chime in. Those Big texas deer look funny with those little heads and little necks.

Everything you guys have is high fence right pewter. I think everything african is high fence these days, but 30 sq mile ranges i dont really consider that high fence anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            i knew pewter would chime in. Those Big texas deer look funny with those little heads and little necks.

Everything you guys have is high fence right pewter. I think everything african is high fence these days, but 30 sq mile ranges i dont really consider that high fence anymore.
            Yes, at the 777 its HF. A lot of RSA is high fence. If you want true WILD Africa you have to go to Tanzania now. Botswana is awesome but they are closing hunting at the end of this year.

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

We shoot our deer off of a 100,000 acre LF ranch. Four whitetail in two seasons, avg gross is 138 and avg dressed weight is 168. Not monsters but nothing to sneeze at. All wild, native genetics, too. Just well managed.

To each their own when it comes to hunting.
              www.dfwcamaros.com

Comment

100,000 acres.

Holy crap. If i had that much ground I could deff grow some booners.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Your last name wouldn't happen to be VanCleve would it?
                  I got pics from the Double V if interested . I have help cull some and my brother helps guide there .

Comment

All I can add to this thread is some euro mounts which don't exactly size up.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Sure they do dee.

Comment

Originally posted by FordEvangelist View Post
                        We shoot our deer off of a 100,000 acre LF ranch. Four whitetail in two seasons, avg gross is 138 and avg dressed weight is 168. Not monsters but nothing to sneeze at. All wild, native genetics, too. Just well managed.

To each their own when it comes to hunting.
                        That's awesome and with that type of acreage, nutrition and management you will be able to grow some monsters!

One thing that the ranch prides itself in is not bring in outside genetics and providing a challenging hunt. Certainly not shooting fish in a barrel like a lot of folks think HF ranches are like.....not that there isn't places like that.

Dee, post them up!

Golden Oaks Lodge

Comment

Well, all I have mounted are ducks - because thats what I love to hunt the most.

Here are the ones I have so far - and yes, I am aware I need better pics. They don't look as good in my crappy pictures.

Comment

steller mounts cannon.

They all look great. Ive thaught about shooting a few ducks to have mounted even if im not a duck hunter. A wood and a mallard would do.

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah they do make for some cool mounts. Ducks are my favorite thing to hunt, just wish they taste better.

Comment

Here are a the mounts at my house. I have some other pics of some different mounts at my parents I'll post later. First is a cull 7 that hadn't shown any growing progress in a couple years and needed to go.

Second is an nice tall 8 I took a few years back.

This Is My 11 from last year he's lacking on tine length but we're going on a 3yr drought now and some are suffering a bit.
                                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                                X