2 Vet Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Vet Arms

Anyone familiar with the AR's by 2 Vet Arms?

What is so good about them for the $1,500+ price?
    How do yo feel about the left side charging handle?

Not really interested in buying one, just don't know much about them.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Billet/forged receivers, quality barrels, and quality internal parts will always get you into that neighborhood.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So, would you buy one of these over say a Colt or DD?
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I would not. Colt is the quintessential AR maker and they hold their value better than any other.

Also, one of the selling points of the AR15 is the non-reciprocating charging handle. IMO, adding a slapper ruins one of the best features of the gun.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          So, would you buy one of these over say a Colt or DD?

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            I would not. Colt is the quintessential AR maker and they hold their value better than any other.

Also, one of the selling points of the AR15 is the non-reciprocating charging handle. IMO, adding a slapper ruins one of the best features of the gun.
            That's about how I feel about it. I haven't found many reviews from non-gunrags on these which tells me there are many out there that feel the same way. I still wouldn't pay the extra for a colt when there are plenty of other guns out there that will do what I need them to for less money.

We have one of the 5.56 rifles at Academy and have not had 1 person ask about it in the past month. Probably due to the high price tag, but we also have a Colt and haven't had anyone ask about it either.

Everyone gravitates to the DPMS, Bushmaster, and Wyndam.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

sweet, i didnt know that. i was wondering if i was going to get popped in the nose or not with the stock on a shorter position.

Comment

Just another place for shit to get into the gun. The reason the AR15 shouldn't be fucked with is it is a precision machined low tolerance weapon. Because of that the weapon is nearly completely sealed from the elements (charging handle locks in place, small opening, dust cover locks in place, recoil spring is sealed in tube, etc) to prevent dirt from hurting reliability. When you put a giant slot down the side, you're creating a far less reliable weapon.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Just another place for shit to get into the gun. The reason the AR15 shouldn't be fucked with is it is a precision machined low tolerance weapon. Because of that the weapon is nearly completely sealed from the elements (charging handle locks in place, small opening, dust cover locks in place, recoil spring is sealed in tube, etc) to prevent dirt from hurting reliability. When you put a giant slot down the side, you're creating a far less reliable weapon.

Off topic, the last time I went shooting (indoors) I noticed gas leakage at the charging handle. Is this typical?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                    Off topic, the last time I went shooting (indoors) I noticed gas leakage at the charging handle. Is this typical?
                    Oh yeah that happens. Try shooting it suppressed, haha. You can reduce this by putting a small bit of silicon on the top of the charging handle.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                    X