Firearms deal of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    Well damn...if only I still had a 9mm. I am looking for one.

Comment

• Stand one armory is the place for ammo. Local company. Good dudes. Good prices. Plus, you can pick up your order and save on shipping.
      2012 GT500

Comment

• Sig 226 in .40 for $569+tax

QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
          That's coming up empty for me.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            That's coming up empty for me.
            I got no dukes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              .40 is going to die, beware.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                .40 is going to die, beware.
                Ummmm, why do you say that? Just for USPSA limited shooters it could be kept alive.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  Ummmm, why do you say that? Just for USPSA limited shooters it could be kept alive.
                  Because this is what will actually happen. I'm not saying it will vanish from the face of the earth, but it is already headed down that road.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Because this is what will actually happen. I'm not saying it will vanish from the face of the earth, but it is already headed down that road.
                    Even the the volume of .40 pistols already on the market / in private hands? That's pretty surprising!

Any specific reason, other than lowering demand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Even the the volume of .40 pistols already on the market / in private hands? That's pretty surprising!

Any specific reason, other than lowering demand?
                      It's a cartridge that brought nothing to the table. The truth is 9mm, .45, and .40 all deliver nearly identical energy. .40 was the bastard child of 10mm, which was created to salvage components. I think people will look back on .40 as a fad, in all honesty. There's too many weapons chambered in it to actually vanish. That was a little too strong of a prediction (I was hammered), but it's future is questionable. I wouldn't expect too many new weapons chambered in it, outside of a simple barrel swap to soak up free money.

Comment

It's a cartridge that brought nothing to the table. The truth is 9mm, .45, and .40 all deliver nearly identical energy. .40 was the bastard child of 10mm, which was created to salvage components. I think people will look back on .40 as a fad, in all honesty. There's too many weapons chambered in it to actually vanish. That was a little too strong of a prediction (I was hammered), but it's future is questionable. I wouldn't expect too many new weapons chambered in it, outside of a simple barrel swap to soak up free money.
                        I wont argue with you on gun stuff, since you've forgotten more than I know about this stuff. I will say that Academy lists 85 9mm pistols, followed second with the .40 cal at 40. that's a large market share to go away.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• .40 originated from the FBI and eventually trickled down to police, and finally consumers. The government is where .40 will have its foot hold.

Comment

• With regards to the now-complete lack of ammo deals...
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

.40 originated from the FBI and eventually trickled down to police, and finally consumers. The government is where .40 will have its foot hold.
                              A lot of agencies are going away from .40's.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• So, coincidentally, I have a Springfield XDM in .40 that needs a new home.
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X