Range report for my SCCY cpx2 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range report for my SCCY cpx2 9mm

There has been a lot of talk lately about pocket pistols, so I figured I would share. I was trying to decide between the lc9 and the Nano. I didn't want the pf9 due to the recoil. Then I saw an earlier post about the SCCY and did some research. I got the gun for $250 including shipping and transfer so i decided to take a chance (thanks to phaux for the transfer). I wanted something that I could carry and not worry about the abuse it would take. I fired 40 rounds today right out of the box. The gun had no malfunctions. I was using cheap tulammo. I have been very impressed so far with the quality, especially for price. The gun does have a lot of recoil for a 9mm. It does not feel like a cheap gun. The DOA trigger is not too bad. I think with a little more practice I can be more accurate. The target below was from 25 feet. I really like the gun. I will fire some more through it and let ya know how it does.

Last edited by 2000 vert; 12-02-2014, 12:58 PM.

I'm gunna have to get one of these I think. When I was looking at it, for the price it seemed like a nicely built pistol.

Comment

Know anything about this SCCY? I have never heard of them.

Comment

Do a google search on it. There is lots of good reviews on the gen 2 model. Wich is the one i have.

Comment

Update on the sccy. I put another 70 rounds thru it today with zero malfunctions. That makes 50 russian steel case tulammo, 50 brassmaxx tulammo, and 10winchester pdx1 147g jhp. I still cant believe how good this gun is for what i spent on it. I figure another 200 rounds without a problem and it will go from console to carry.

Comment

I just ordered 5 to get in stock. Thanks for the review, I was waiting on someone to do this.

Randy

Comment

About the only negative i can say is. The mags are really really tight at first, and the short slide makes it a bit tricky to chamber at first. Mainly because it has a slide lock instead of a release lever. I polished the feed ramp and it made it a lot better.

Comment

Figured I would give an update on the little SCCY. Its at the 1000 round mark now without a single malfunction. I took it straight out of the box and it was not cleaned or oiled for a 1000 rounds and carried daily for almost a year. The gun was filthy and still performing flawlessly. I still cant believe how good this gun is for the price. I wouldn't hesitate to grab it if my life was on the line. And yes I finally cleaned the gun, and no I never normally let my guns get that dirty. I just wanted to see how it would do if neglected.

Comment

I have the one with the safety. I love it!
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Iraqveteran8888 on youtube gave it a pretty good review.

Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Have a tan and black one someone can have for $200 out the door.
                      Last edited by Moose242; 12-04-2014, 10:18 AM.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        Have a tan and black one someone can have for $220 out the door.
                        Yo!
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I rotate this one too for CCW, been happy with it.
                          WRX

Comment

I support everything said about this gun. I got mine from Randy (ilikeitfast55) and have been pleased and impressed with the gun. Great gun for under $300. I was researching when I found this video, pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Last edited by jefehbk; 12-03-2014, 08:56 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

My FIL bought one of these and it's a pretty decent little gun for the money.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                              X