Finally went to the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally went to the range

Went to Eagle Gun Range last night with a few buddies and finally had a chance to shoot the new Barretta. A great time was had by all. We also shot with one guys 1911 (a first for me) and I was surprised by how little recoil that .45 had when compared to the PX4 9mm.

One of the guys was nice enough to snap a picture to show me how bad my stance was. My back bothers me a little after shooting and I never really realized why. Now I can see the reason. At least it didn't affect my ability to hit the target. This one was at 10 yards.

A third buddy was shooting for the first time. I think we got him hooked. He is now looking into taking the safety classes.

"That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy"
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

It's always a good day when sending rounds down range.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Center mass!

Also, are you picking up your brass? Lots of us on here want it!
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          Center mass!

If he was shooting at a woman than he clearly picked the largest target.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            Nice!
            2012 GT500

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                Lol
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Very nice.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    Center mass!

I call first dibs on all brass mentioned from here on out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      I call first dibs on all brass mentioned from here on out!!!
                      as long as you share
                      2012 GT500

Comment

What did you think about the PX4? I finally got to put some time behind mine at the range earlier this week and want to hear your opinion. I'll give you my impressions afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                          What did you think about the PX4? I finally got to put some time behind mine at the range earlier this week and want to hear your opinion. I'll give you my impressions afterwards.
                          Recoil was light but not nearly as light as the .45 I also shot. The weapon itself is nice and light in the hand. I have the Compact 9mm model. Despite that, I didn't have any real control issues. As you can see from the target, I only have some minor breathing control issues I should work on in practice. I don't know a lot of technical terms to describe firing it but it felt just right in my hand. I fired 150 rounds last night and never had a malfunction of even a hint of any issue. IMO I made the right choice in weaponry.

BTW, I thought about getting the .40cal Compact but I rented one at EagleGunRange and kinda sucked with it. Control was definitely more difficult than with the 9mm. It also didn't help that the sights were messed up on the weapon, but I was able to compensate for that.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            I now have a new goal..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              I now have a new goal..
                              I tried that a while back. I named him Walter Jr. (breaking bad) if that gives you any indication on how it looked
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                              X