Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reloaders looking for lead acid batteries to melt down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reloaders looking for lead acid batteries to melt down?

My house burned down on 1/7/2014. This past weekend I started looking for salvageable items in the garage.

I chose to share this story here so other gear heads might learn something from my situation. Cliff Notes My house burned down on 1/7/2014. As currently known no other houses were harmed that night. The sparks and glowing embers were floating all over in the heavy wind. All living breathing creatures are safe and

From a boat I had 2 deep cycle lead acid batteries and 2 cranking lead acid batteries. Across the floor I had 2 old car batteries.

On Saturday I noticed the 2 cranking boat batteries were still recognizable but that the plastic cases were melted down about a inch from where the top terminals would normally be.

I would rather see someone put this stuff to use rather than adding it to a landfill somewhere. So these batteries are free to anyone who is interested?

I ask that you contact me by PM to arrange pickup after Thursday 1/23/2014 in the Richardson or Plano area. If someone is interested I will look for the other batteries.

I can provide pictures on Tuesday. Brad

Give 'em to phaux.
    Last edited by YALE; 01-20-2014, 03:50 PM.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Seconds

Comment

Dammit
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          Dammit
          I'll share

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
            I'll share
            you're my hero
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I've got two in Keller that someone can have as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                I've got two in Keller that someone can have as well.
                You gonna be around this weekend?

Comment

Should be home all weekend. Need to work on the carb on the Scamp.

Comment

Phaux, your PM Inbox is full and I do not know how to contact you?

I got 6 or 7 lead batteries now available in East Plano if your still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Fourx4Brad View Post
                      Phaux, your PM Inbox is full and I do not know how to contact you?

I got 6 or 7 lead batteries now available in East Plano if your still interested.
                      Text the number in his signature.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by fourx4brad View Post
                        phaux, your pm inbox is full and i do not know how to contact you?

I got 6 or 7 lead batteries now available in east plano if your still interested.
                        817-300-0991

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          817-300-0991
                          This. Give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Comment

I have heard its not good to use lead from batteries for casting bullets.
                            2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
                            2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
                            2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Any reloaders looking for lead acid batteries to melt down?

Originally posted by MGannaway View Post
                              I have heard its not good to use lead from batteries for casting bullets.

I'd imagine the acid and other chemicals mixed with that shit would be toxic as all get out for casting bullets. But I've never used car battery lead just wheel weights. Merely just speculation here.

Comment

Working...
                              X