winchester model 70 in .300 win mag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winchester model 70 in .300 win mag.

I have been wanting a .300 win mag rifle for a while and was looking at rem 700 variants.

I came across a local guy wanting to get out of a bone stock Winchester 70 and I think I can get it for a decent price. Am I wasting my money?

I really like my .243 700.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

When was it made? No controlled feed no care.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Lots and lots of controlled feed guns were made post '64, and they have far better barrels than post WWII, pre 1964 rifles.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          Lots and lots of controlled feed guns were made post '64, and they have far better barrels than post WWII, pre 1964 rifles.
          Yep. However when buying a bolt gun I consider the lack of a Mauser claw to be a dealbreaker. I know some of the model 70s have them and some don't.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I have one, it was my old man's

Great gun, I haven't had a single issue with it and neither did he.

Comment

Yep. However when buying a bolt gun I consider the lack of a Mauser claw to be a dealbreaker. I know some of the model 70s have them and some don't.
              The ones that do say, "Classic." The ones that don't, do not.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Not sure. Looks recent as it has a synthetic stock. Looks like a 2 to 3 year old gun, claims 5 rounds through it for sighting in the included crappy scope.

He's asking $700 which is WAY too high but they are on Gunbroker for $450-500. Figured I would point that out and offer the $450. Would be a cheap entry into the .300 win mag and could always put a different stock on it. I was probably going to have to do that anyway with the 700 because they stopped making the variant I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                X