No announcement yet.

The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for the love of all that's good, don't be wearing multiple layers of clothing and insulation if you head out on a hike/ruck. You will self immolate. We had guys in basic that depsite being warned, decided to wear their polypro's under their BDU's one cold morning when we set off for a ruck. First water break we came to we had guys stripping down as fast as they could to get those things off. Once you start walking you're body is gunna be smoking

A trick for feet, on a long march, wear a pair of thin dress socks and then a pair of wool socks over that. you want your foot nice and snug in that boot, not cutting off circulation, you simply want to reduce any movement of your foot inside the boot as much as possible.

Also, fires are nice, but in a survival situation they're a dead give away to your location whether at night or day, via sight and smell. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

• In five minutes? Id have just enough time to get dressed and moving on my mountain bike with a light rifle, duty pistol, knife, knee brace, flashlight, flask, and some beef jerky in a ruck sack. Everything else would take longer than 5 minutes.

In a serious bug out situation, do you really think other SBR toting individuals that made it to the remote location first are going to be exposed with arms wide open and a camp setup when they see you trekking into their safe spot?

What would you do if you made it to a safe spot and saw an individual approaching holding a gun?

Comment

• Ammo and water are heavy. I think some of you guys must plan on doing a LOT of shooting if you bug out. Me on the other hand would try to do zero shooting. Sure a weapon would be on my list but you can't eat and drink ammo and gun cleaning supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          Ammo and water are heavy. I think some of you guys must plan on doing a LOT of shooting if you bug out. Me on the other hand would try to do zero shooting. Sure a weapon would be on my list but you can't eat and drink ammo and gun cleaning supplies.
          It was mentioned you may find ammo along the way. So if you carried guns with you and magazines, you should be good as long as they are common calibers
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• You are much more likely to find food and water then ammo.
            2012 GT500

Comment

• The likelihood of you finding ammo is near nill. Think about it people, every other person and their mom is gunna immediately raid every walmart, academy, and cabelas for any source of ammo or food. Don't count on pulling it off a body as whoever killed that person has already scavenged them. You're only chance would be going from house to house and looking for it and if you think that's a good idea then you might as well go ahead and choke yourself out.

If you can't find ammo in a civilized society, what makes you think you'll find it in an uncivilized one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                You are much more likely to find food and water then ammo.
                not me, i'm headed directly to the hotbed. I'll offer humorous anecdotes while we trot away with our families in tow. He's going to need someone to help tote all that brass, anyway.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
                  The likelihood of you finding ammo is near nill. Think about it people, every other person and their mom is gunna immediately raid every walmart, academy, and cabelas for any source of ammo or food. Don't count on pulling it off a body as whoever killed that person has already scavenged them. You're only chance would be going from house to house and looking for it and if you think that's a good idea then you might as well go ahead and choke yourself out.

If you can't find ammo in a civilized society, what makes you think you'll find it in an uncivilized one?
                  Eggfuckingzachary

At a basic level, how many people do you know that have a decent amount of food at home? Most likely everybody. How many people do you know that have any substantial amount of ammunition? Do the math.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Eggfuckingzachary

At a basic level, how many people do you know that have a decent amount of food at home? Most likely everybody. How many people do you know that have any substantial amount of ammunition? Do the math.
                    you only need one...
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I find it funny that some folks find it strange to have this conversation.

On a basic level - people always were prepared for having to hunt, have stored foods and so on. It's only the last 20 years that you're strange if you have stocked food, ammo and such.

Bug out, bug in - it's up to the individual - but there is no harm in having some precautions in place.

I heard a lot of people whining about gas/food from just the little amount of time things were down from the ice storm? What's your plan if it goes 3, 6, 12 or more months? I have 5 mouths to feed - I'm not saying I'm reading for 12 months or more - but I sure find it funny some people can't make it 5-10 days. I'm the strange one?
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• I know this is the "armory", and we got a bunch of gun-nuts in here, but if you're gonna be stuck out in nature for any amount of time, and weight is an issue, why not pack a decent quality bow and some arrows? You're eventually going to run out of ammo, or get tired of lugging it everywhere. The odds of you "coming across" some ammo, or being able to barter for some might not be as good as some of you think. Yeah, it can be bulky, but it would be a nice weight savings, your ammo is retrievable/reusable, it's silent, won't attract attention, and it's dependable. Couple this with some form of lightweight small arms pistol/rifle for small game (cause who wants to try to shoot a squirrel with a fucking bow) and you'd be set for the long haul. Of course, this is only good if you can get deep enough in the woods or wherever to not need much in the way of personal protection.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Eggfuckingzachary

Everyone I know. Even non gun people would surprise you.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                            I know this is the "armory", and we got a bunch of gun-nuts in here, but if you're gonna be stuck out in nature for any amount of time, and weight is an issue, why not pack a decent quality bow and some arrows? You're eventually going to run out of ammo, or get tired of lugging it everywhere. The odds of you "coming across" some ammo, or being able to barter for some might not be as good as some of you think. Yeah, it can be bulky, but it would be a nice weight savings, your ammo is retrievable/reusable, it's silent, won't attract attention, and it's dependable. Couple this with some form of lightweight small arms pistol/rifle for small game (cause who wants to try to shoot a squirrel with a fucking bow) and you'd be set for the long haul. Of course, this is only good if you can get deep enough in the woods or wherever to not need much in the way of personal protection.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                            I think the answer is due to a lot of people being like I am and having not clue how to properly use a bow/arrow and do it effectively.

I have the space to practice and it's on my list though. However, I think that's the answer. My only concern would be - aren't bows large and cumbersome?
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              Throw some strips of duct tape and cottonballs rubbed in vasoline in there. Those are great for starting fire and will burn longer than a match.

Foot care is SUPER important and will be overlooked by many. Throw some moleskin into your firstaid kit, it can be helpful with blisters.
                              Dryer lint makes a great fire starter also.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                Everyone I know. Even non gun people would surprise you.
                                I'd say for every one person that has ammo I can think of 50 that don't or more. And we are still avoiding the fact that they will probably take that ammo with them/defend it. The chance of you just coming across a case of .223 ammo when you are (seems that most) are heading towards rural areas just doesn't seem likely to me.

Ideally id like to have 9-10 pmags, and about 200rds of pistol in my go bag/ 3 day bag. If I know I'm going to have to survive longer/ defend a position I'd like to have 3k rounds or each in my more permanent kit. I just feel like not having enough ammo is not something I want to deal with, but take into account that I will be staying in the city, defending a location. Ammo can also be used to trade for food.
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X