Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rtanner View Post
    you know i just dont see it ever being a winning situation for most people,
    The reality is that it's not a good situation by any means. However, it's better to try your best.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

which brings up, im lacking fishing supplies, lacking camping supplies, i do have a good truck w camper, and good trailer, i need some type of portable solar power, just to keeep batterys charged at least, this is really really tough to prepare for any of the scenarios we think about, but i think any preparedness will put a guy ahead of the curve,
      If you do invest in a portable charger, the best bet would be a 12V DC charger that's high quality. You can easily step down from there for various devices. 12V DC can be used to power any portable device, your car, trailer, etc. AC really doesn't have as much significance if you're going to be moving.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• the only thing im really happy with is my daughter works in corsicana, i put together 2 emergencty bags for her, one at her desk one in the car, they have water flashlite whistle asprin, hand powered phone charger, bandages, knife, jerky, etc. and a map to sherrifs office, city police, AND all our relatives within the radius of corsicana, my thinking (disaster) is for her to survive, to make to sherrifs office, or family thats close, not trying make 18 mile trek to us,

Comment

• thanks for advise on charger, this thread has brought all my needs back to top of page on my to do list!!!!

Comment

thanks for advise on charger, this thread has brought all my needs back to top of page on my to do list!!!!
            Here is a smaller portable charger with fantastic reviews:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-trade-Apollo-Pro-Multi-Voltage/dp/B00F4KBA3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400620604&sr =1-1&keywords=dc+solar+charger[/ame]

2300mAh Pretty much an all encompassing mobile device solution with a ton of converters.

If you you want to throw down on a serious panel

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Go-Power-GP-RV-95-95-Watt-Regulator/dp/B0028W4P18/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400620925&s r=1-17&keywords=dc+solar+charger[/ame]

95 watt, 5.5 amp unit with a regulator. Small enough to fit on a supercab truck or SUV roof. That should be enough to keep a car battery charged with frequent use.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• very nice thanks!!! realy good thread!

Comment

• I just skimmed through, but when it hits the fan, make every phone call as it will be your last to get information out to your loved one. My wife understands that if something were to happen she knows where I am, I know where she is. Decide a primary meet spot, a secondary, and so on. If I am at all able to get to her, then I know where to start. The chance of me getting killed or not, I will make my way to her. My parents are close to where the boy is at Day care and they know to get him immediately and bunker down at the house.

Comment

• When it goes down, I'm going by Chipotle to take the guns off the downed neckbeards. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    The only people that will be in good shape will be those in very rural areas, far from cities, and beyond the scope of interest for anyone to seek them out. With the exception of Sleeper, yourself, and a few others, we're all in the city. And that's going to be a pretty tricky predicament to navigate out of.
                    Yeah pretty much this. I dont see 99% of the people in this thread getting out alive. Thats me included.

Not because youre not prepared. But rather because you are going through urban areas to get out. Youll be seen, and thats all it will take. Best to just not be there. When you have a strong suspicion, head on out of town for a while. Go fishing or something. Then no worries
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Yeah pretty much this. I dont see 99% of the people in this thread getting out alive. Thats me included.

Not because youre not prepared. But rather because you are going through urban areas to get out. Youll be seen, and thats all it will take. Best to just not be there. When you have a strong suspicion, head on out of town for a while. Go fishing or something. Then no worries
                      Agreed. So what's the sign that gives you "strong suspicion?" That's the key.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        When you see a mob of blacks or browns break into a liqueur store the shit is about to get real. Gear up or get out at that point.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Various signs. Youll know it when you see it, type of deal. Enemies unleash nukes on a few of our cities. U.S economic starts to collapse, lots of war all over the world with famine and plagues going unchecked without anybody talking about stopping them or even trying. Cause no one has any money anymore to help. Stuff like that. Plenty of indicators. I think it will become clear whats about to happen
                          WH

Comment

• As soon as I can't get whataburger at anytime I damn well please it is time to gtfo
                            2012 GT500

Comment

• Sig check. We just renewed our membership.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                Here is a smaller portable charger with fantastic reviews:

2300mAh Pretty much an all encompassing mobile device solution with a ton of converters.

That is on sale now from $190 to $109.99

(yes, I looked)

Comment

Working...
                                X