The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
    So bringing up this thread again. For those of you that decide to bug in, what's a reasonable amount of ammo to stock per weapon? And for a small group, like two or three adults, what sort of weapons would you choose to choose?
    Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    Oops, I misread the title.
    IN

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      A mix of everything is the best bet, but if you are bugging out then weight will be the main issue, decide what your plan is and what weapons that includes then what type of ammo works best for the plan. Get a molle vest and some pouches, I prefer the one or two mag pouches as the three seem to be cumbersome. 7-10 mags should be manageable without being too heavy and still giving you a decent amount of ammo.

Remember that you can get a variety of ammo for a .22 and it is lightweight.
      Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      IN
      Oh, I missed the part where I switched it back to out. Sorry bruh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
        So bringing up this thread again. For those of you that decide to bug in, what's a reasonable amount of ammo to stock per weapon? And for a small group, like two or three adults, what sort of weapons would you choose to choose?
        I think if I was bugging IN, then I would look at the following for a group of 2 to 3 adults:
        Ar-15 either 2 or 3 (they can be built/bought fairly cheaply and are reliable/accurate. Also 5.56 is a very common round)
        12 Gauge Pump at $250/$300 I think you could have a minimum of 2 and possibly one for each person and a few extras. This ends up being the cheapest and most versatile weapon.
        Large Caliber (9mm or bigger) pistol for each person with minimum 5 magazines. If I was starting out fresh then I would keep everything as a 9mm as it is probably the most common cartridge out there for a centerfire pistol.
        I would also look at a 22LR Rifle for hunting etc The mossberg can be bought for under $200 and is an accurate affordable rifle.

As far as ammo:
        1K round per AR
        2K rounds total for shotgun (mix 70% Hunting/30% Buckshot)
        500 rounds per pistol
        5K rounds 22lr due to cost/size

Comment

• I like the way you're thinking, O.C.

Currently, I have 3 AR's, 30+ mags, and 3K rounds. I'm pushing up to at least 5K though. I have a Mossberg defense pump 12ga and 100+ rounds of buckshot. I have other 12/16/20 ga guns as well and 50-150 rounds for each in #4, 6, 7 1/2, 8 as well as 25-50 rounds of buckshot for the 16 and 20ga too. I'm working on increasing that amount of ammo as well.

I have about 2K rounds of 9mm but only one handgun in that caliber. I have 3 15rd magazines and one 30rd. I'm looking for deals to increase. I have about 1K rounds of .40 and one handgun as well there with 5 mags. I'm hoping to get myself an FNH 57 for Christmas and put about 2K rounds back for it. (Hit me up Casey when you have time). Ultimately I'd like to have a p90 to go with it and just go crazy on stockpiling ammo for the two.

I really need to get more .22lr rounds. I probably have 2K now, but I'm thinking 10K rounds is ideal. I have a 10/22 with an handful of the 25rd magazines and a rapid loader. We have a few other 22 rifles, but I want a takedown 10/22 and at least 4 handguns in that caliber (one for each family member). They're lightweight and quieter but still effective if aimed well. It's just a great, versatile round.

I think I need a second safe to store ammo...

Comment

• Originally posted by O.C. View Post
            I think if I was bugging IN, then I would look at the following for a group of 2 to 3 adults:
            Ar-15 either 2 or 3 (they can be built/bought fairly cheaply and are reliable/accurate. Also 5.56 is a very common round)
            12 Gauge Pump at $250/$300 I think you could have a minimum of 2 and possibly one for each person and a few extras. This ends up being the cheapest and most versatile weapon.
            Large Caliber (9mm or bigger) pistol for each person with minimum 5 magazines. If I was starting out fresh then I would keep everything as a 9mm as it is probably the most common cartridge out there for a centerfire pistol.
            I would also look at a 22LR Rifle for hunting etc The mossberg can be bought for under $200 and is an accurate affordable rifle.

As far as ammo:
            1K round per AR
            2K rounds total for shotgun (mix 70% Hunting/30% Buckshot)
            500 rounds per pistol
            5K rounds 22lr due to cost/size
            Good call.

Comment

• But lets be honest here. Unless you've got somewhere real good that you can hide, that is very well stocked and that nobody is going to find, (for whatever reason) then you're basically depending on the goodwill of your fellow man to stay alive. As well as luck.

I don't like that at all. You can be as well trained and prepared as you want to be, and a bullet can still come out of the trees or the wreckage, and kill you. So I still say to absolutely ensure survival, you have to hide, and hide well. At least for awhile. But if you do hide, its got its perks. Not only will you not be a target (cause they can't see you), you'll also be conserving energy, ammunition, food, water, and other consumables. When the smoke finally clears, you'll come out on top. All the people roaming the countryside for whatever reason, are probably going to die.
              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                But lets be honest here. Unless you've got somewhere real good that you can hide, that is very well stocked and that nobody is going to find, (for whatever reason) then you're basically depending on the goodwill of your fellow man to stay alive. As well as luck.

I don't like that at all. You can be as well trained and prepared as you want to be, and a bullet can still come out of the trees or the wreckage, and kill you. So I still say to absolutely ensure survival, you have to hide, and hide well. At least for awhile. But if you do hide, its got its perks. Not only will you not be a target (cause they can't see you), you'll also be conserving energy, ammunition, food, water, and other consumables. When the smoke finally clears, you'll come out on top. All the people roaming the countryside for whatever reason, are probably going to die.
                I understand you are kind of new here but most of us are meeting up at Costco. There is already a plan in place to take and defend the entire store. We good. There is a secret handshake. Do approach carefully. It helps if you bring cases of 5.56 and 21yr old daughters for breeding the new world with.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  But lets be honest here. Unless you've got somewhere real good that you can hide, that is very well stocked and that nobody is going to find, (for whatever reason) then you're basically depending on the goodwill of your fellow man to stay alive. As well as luck.

You didn't get the GPS coordinates?

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  I understand you are kind of new here but most of us are meeting up at Costco. There is already a plan in place to take and defend the entire store. We good. There is a secret handshake. Do approach carefully. It helps if you bring cases of 5.56 and 21yr old daughters for breeding the new world with.
                  LMAO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    As long as you guys are wiling to barter... My crew is taking a Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      As long as you guys are wiling to barter... My crew is taking a Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas!
                      Don't think that you can come over with 3 dozen taxidermied (sp?) deer heads and expect some of our ice cream or spare generators.

Comment

Don't think that you can come over with 3 dozen taxidermied (sp?) deer heads and expect some of our ice cream or spare generators.
                        all 5.11 gear 60% off!

Comment

all 5.11 gear 60% off!
                          I get better deals buying from lapolicegear. Besides, I have 30 pairs of their pants. No lie ask Probie. He's jelly over my 5.11 pants collection.

Now, come off some of those Hulk camo fishing shirts and we might be getting somewhere. Or better yet bring us a bunch of Yeti tumblers as a showing of good faith song with some cooler and we be cool.

Comment

I get better deals buying from lapolicegear. Besides, I have 30 pairs of their pants. No lie ask Probie. He's jelly over my 5.11 pants collection.

Now, come off some of those Hulk camo fishing shirts and we might be getting somewhere. Or better yet bring us a bunch of Yeti tumblers as a showing of good faith song with some cooler and we be cool.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

ok, but i'm gonna need a case of Monster and 6 10 pound tubs of animal crackers in return

Comment

ok, but i'm gonna need a case of Monster and 6 10 pound tubs of animal crackers in return
                                I think we can accommodate that. The password to get past our first layer if security is the opening line of the tree house story.

Comment

Working...
                                X