Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    Wait, what?
    I was there, it was a long shot. The throw distance was about 70 yards and pow nailed right in the back of the head.
    sigpic

Comment

• Holy shit SVO... There's no words for how awesome you are! I think you should run for president!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        Sorry if I find that claim a little incredulous. You just happen to be carrying a hammer with you and took a doe? I mean, I can see how, but the fact you had the tool....

I had my tool bag in my truck and had the doe land on the hood just around the corner from my mothers house while I was rolling up to make a turn. As a joke I went after it with the hammer but got serious when I realized that I would actually be able to get it. One hard hit and it did not even twitch after it fell. I even had my hunting license with me and tagged it within 10 minutes of killing it.

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
        I was there, it was a long shot. The throw distance was about 70 yards and pow nailed right in the back of the head.
        I do not use the type of spear that is thrown for hunting hogs. I have also killed hogs with a B.A.K.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          I understand you are kind of new here but most of us are meeting up at Costco. There is already a plan in place to take and defend the entire store. We good. There is a secret handshake. Do approach carefully. It helps if you bring cases of 5.56 and 21yr old daughters for breeding the new world with.
          Password = "TOGTFO" ?

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          22 will take Texas deer NO problem. My brothers and I grew up hunting deer w/ 10/22's and didn't know it was illegal till we were in our teens. (Mid 80s)
          Edit: Yes it takes a few rounds. But, this is SHTF scenario.
          Originally posted by Denny
          Fuck that! You'll be tracking that shit forever.
          My Grandpa said he hunted with .22. Said he'd drop 'em with one shot. I never knew him to lie. Not that I would do it, though.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• I just found out the hard way all my pocket knives are illegal here. 3 1\2 here.
            sigpic

Comment

• Call me crazy but I believe SVO has told the hammer deer story here before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I shot a bird out of the air with a sling shot once.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  I just found out the hard way all my pocket knives are illegal here. 3 1\2 here.
                  I'll give ya tree fiddy and pay shipping for them all!!

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    I had my tool bag in my truck and had the doe land on the hood just around the corner from my mothers house while I was rolling up to make a turn.....
                    Well, that is VERY different. I stabbed a doe with a WWII British bayonet and killed it.

After hitting it with my 66 mustang.

Leave out the last part and it is a bit hard to believe.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Just read this article and thought about this thread.

There’s a group of North Texans preparing for impending doom by making underground bunkers, tunnels and even a DNA vault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Just read this article and thought about this thread.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Tex...399954941.html
                        Community for the rich and famous:
                        A fountain under construction on Highway 56 between Savoy and Ector has raised a lot of questions in the area about what's coming to town.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Wow! 90% of the homes will be underground

Comment

• If economic collapse and government's wings clipped:

I bet texas up and secedes. And then lo and behold, TX rises back to the top in fairly short order. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
                            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              If economic collapse and government's wings clipped:

I bet texas up and secedes. And then lo and behold, TX rises back to the top in fairly short order. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
                              Looks more likely as the days pass.

Comment

• An afterthought on that: If tx seceded, the impotent U.S government would say "We don't recognize that"!! But being helpless to do anything about it, would still trade with Texas and treat us well enough. Until at long last they finally recovered, and then - War with texas over the secession (which could actually turn out to be a bad idea by that time).

Only way I don't see that happening in that scenario, would be if the U.S fractured into other smaller countries. Then it would be over, nobody would challenge Texas's sovereignty. Some may consider it, but they'd quickly dismiss the idea upon considering having to actually face TX in a fight. I know I know I sound like some hardcore texan now, but its really just what my guess would be.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X