Shopping for a new bow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for a new bow.

Ok bowhunters/archers, I'm about ready to upgrade my current bow - Mission Riot. I like Mission/Mathews, but I'm open to look at others. I'd like to stay around $600 for the bare bow.

I hunt hogs/deer, would love to get into the lower end of 3D competition at some point.

I want to have some ideas in mind before I go to the archery shop and get talked into this week's latest/greatest BS gimmick.

What do y'all shoot? What have you seen/shot that you really like?

Not opposed to going used or finding previous year's models.

I don't have experience with Hoyt, PSE, Elite, Strother but open to trying them.

I've shot Mathews, Hoyt, Elite and Bowtech. It really all comes down to personal preference in my experience. I never liked the fat grips on Mathews and how their single cam bows eat up servings. Hoyts were just always kinda so so, decent grip, kinda heavy and not particularly fast. Elite I absolutely loved until Kevin Strothers left and the quality went to total shit. I have an Elite XXL I shoot for 3d and it's my favorite bow ever!!! I currently shoot a Bowtech Insanity CPXL and and pretty happy with it. Love the grip, smooth draw, holds solid and is pretty quiet. All my experience though is with "flagship" bows. I've never shot any of the Mission or Diamond lines but have heard good things about both. Best suggestion I can give is hit up as many local shops as you can and shoot everything. Any company worth anything offers lifetime warranty on their bows now. I'd recomend visiting All Star archery in Lewisville or Cinammon Creek out by Cabela's in Ft. Worth.

Comment

If you go used you can get a nice flagship bow from any maker for 600. Well besides maybe not the carbons.

Find a few shops and shoot some other brands. Bows are like handguns some fit just right.

Comment

Thanks y'all. I appreciate the heads-up on Elite, Pollo.

The rest of you bums: keep it coming!

Comment

PSE DREAM SEASON EVO FTW!!! I wished...PSE Nova here and old as shit...still shoot it at least twice a week and will stick with PSE for the next. Just my two cents

Comment

You are going to be hard pressed to improve on the Mission for $600. I shoot a Bowtech. You can get into a 2013 Assassin for $600.

Comment

Woo-hoo found a 2013 Mathews Creed for a real good price and he's taking my old bow in partial trade for the new one. Shot several over the weekend, just kept going back to the Creed.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
              X