The Gun Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gun Box

I'm going to bet it's been posted before, but I couldn't find anything on a quick search. Thoughts? Aside from the price...

A little gimmicky for my taste. There are already biometric gun boxes on the market. Who needs USB ports on their gun box?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      A little gimmicky for my taste. There are already biometric gun boxes on the market. Who needs USB ports on their gun box?
      To charge cell phones?

The GPS feature is neat, and alertness if it's moved around.

If I had a little one, this would be worth the money IMO.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Looks like a cool contraption if you have kids around the house. How much do they run?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Looks like a cool contraption if you have kids around the house. How much do they run?
          As much as a small safe: $250-450
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

hmmm, I equate everything to guns. That's another witness. Do I want a small safe thingy, or do I want another gun in my safe. This is why I don't have one of these.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              hmmm, I equate everything to guns. That's another witness. Do I want a small safe thingy, or do I want another gun in my safe. This is why I don't have one of these.
              Small gun...easy
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                Small gun...easy
                Yup!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hmm, I like it... I've got a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old boy. My safe is next to my bed and is a numeric key pad, but this would be faster and easier, plus nice to take with me in my car. At $200-$250 I'd be interested. $500ish, not so much.

Like with all technology the price will eventually come down and I'll get one.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I want one
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Ordered one, but I'm just going to keep my wallet in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Ordered one, but I'm just going to keep my wallet in it.
                        The two things I did like about it was the GPS and the wristband that will open it immediately (nighttime benefit).

Though, I think I am a paranoid mind, enough so that if I leave the house, my guns are in the safe...so I really wouldn’t want to have the GPS function. In my opinion just the wrist band access in the middle of the night is what I am interested in, only not for $250-$450

Comment

I wear a holster to bed so I really have no need for it, I will probably get it hydrodipped with a cowskin pattern.

Comment

I like the rfid access but it's still $150 or so out of my price range at $279.
                            Jon

Comment

I've had a GunVault with the hand keypad for maybe close to 10 years (maybe a little less) and I like it. Don't have kids in the house other than when my niece and nephew come over but they all know better (and older now). I bought it used and got a good deal for it and it's served me well. Don't know if I would buy one of these over a GunVault if it cost a lot more money.

Comment

Working...
                              X