Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA CCW Poll

From Calgun:

In response to the Peruta decision, the San Diego Union Tribune is conducting a poll to see if the public supports the right to have a Concealed Carry Permit in San Diego for the purpose of self defense.

If you believe so, call 619-293-2506 , listen to the question and press "1".
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Done and Done.

Comment

done, takes 15 seconds
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Skew the results of an independent, non-binding poll that will have no effect on any law? No.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Skew the results of an independent, non-binding poll that will have no effect on any law? No.
          For Commifornia? Why not? If they're smart, they can tie the area codes to votes and filter it for real results.

The whole point is to show what public opinion is. The poll didn't state specifically for Californians.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            For Commifornia? Why not? If they're smart, they can tie the area codes to votes and filter it for real results.

The whole point is to show what public opinion is. The poll didn't state specifically for Californians.
            The whole point is to determine what the populace of that area wants, not what people, many of whom probably have never been to California want. States get to decide what gun laws they want via good ole American representative democracy, and if the people in aforementioned state are happy with the way things are, then so be it.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

Well, here's +1 for a "local" that's for CCW, my 916 won't get filtered.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                The whole point is to determine what the populace of that area wants, not what people, many of whom probably have never been to California want. States get to decide what gun laws they want via good ole American representative democracy, and if the people in aforementioned state are happy with the way things are, then so be it.
                The newspaper can also use the caller data of who called to try to skew the results to show that it is really outsiders that are forcing the CCW (and by extension gun rights) issue on cali's citizens vs an internal momentum.

and if your a tin foil hat person they can then do a backwards look up of the number and do everything from print your name and number to putting you on mail lists for antigun propaganda groups.

Comment

Working...
                X