AR15 Hammer Pin/J Spring Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 Hammer Pin/J Spring Issue

Is there anything that can be done to correct a hammer J spring that's just a little bit too far inside the pin hole? I can't get any pin (I've tried 3) past the spring. I've tried the 3 pins in another hammer and they all work.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

You can use a taper/knifed pin to lead and chase it with the hammer pin to allow it slip through. Or, you just hit it harder. I've had a few stubborn bastards.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've got a spare hammer if you need it.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I feel your pain, I thought I would never get the pin through. My thumb ached for hours from keeping it mashed down on the hammer so long.

I use a just right sized punch to lead it through, followed by the pin. It works most of the time unless it is a really tight parts kit (PSA mostly)

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          I've got a spare hammer if you need it.
          What's the markup?

I appreciate it, but I had like 5 extra parts kits from PSA. This one came from Red X. I'll work on it a little more, and if I can't get it, just add a hammer to my next order.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Gratis.
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
            X