Saw for a Go Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw for a Go Bag

Thinking I should get some sort of light weight saw for the bag.

thoughts/experience with this one

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Chainmate-CM-36SSP-36-Inch-Survival-Pocket/dp/B002EDAUO2/ref=pd_sbs_lg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0538MWZNW72YBH4YDRK R[/ame]

XBL Tag = veight7

Horrible choice. By "Go Bag" I assume you mean "Communist-Zombie-UN-invasion bag". That saw will will be useless. You really need something motorized like a Stihl. And body armor; you probably need body armor as well.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      Horrible choice. By "Go Bag" I assume you mean "Communist-Zombie-UN-invasion bag". That saw will will be useless. You really need something motorized like a Stihl. And body armor; you probably need body armor as well.
      no that's not what I meant lol. I really mean a lightweight setup for like 2-4 days I can throw in the trunk of the car. In case I were to get stranded/wreck off some back highway in the middle of BFE

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

You will really hate trying to saw a log with that stupid saw. A camp axe is way better, and a car gives you the ability to carry a larger variety of gear. You need to split kindling for a fire, not spend all day processing logs. 2-4 days should not expend all the fuel in an area, provided the area you're in has a minimum of mesquite trees and creosote bushes. A big thing to consider is what areas you frequent, and what you would need to do in those. Unless you're stuck on the llano estacado, you should be good in Texas for fuel. If you do ever get stuck up there, you'll be more worried about water, I promise.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Here you go, Axes and Saw combo

Comment

This is a much better choice. I carry one in my backpack. Comes with tree saw blade and a finer tooth blade for cutting bone and such.

Link not working. Search for Gerber Gator Saw. 10 inch saw that comes apart and stores in a pouch.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

oh i thought you meant saw like m249
              bummer

Comment

For a go bag I wouldn't expect a need for a saw. Like yale said, you would split kindling with a knife by batoning, and only if it's safe to have a fire.

I do have a saw in my inch bag though, along with an extra blade.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001IX7OW/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001IX7OW/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                  oh i thought you meant saw like m249
                  bummer
                  Not a bad way to cut down a tree.

Comment

Working...
                  X