40 ammo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 ammo ?

What is the best all around ammo for 40 s&w? I just got a Springfield xdm 3.8 and want to buy bulk or individual boxes.

2003 f250
    1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
    1990 mustang gt 347 t56
    1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
    1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Winchester white box is easy to find and shoots pretty good.

Comment

Pmc bronze is cheap and has never failed me. I've run magtech, fiochi, and blazer brass without problems as well.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Are you looking for plinking ammo or something to carry for defense?

Comment

For both. Mostly plincking and something to keep around in stock

2003 f250
          1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
          1990 mustang gt 347 t56
          1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
          1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

For defense Hornady Critical Defense and Remington Golden Saber run good in my XD40.
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Buffalo bore jhp!
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                Buffalo bore jhp!
                Fuck yeah! You even get Starline brass with those guys!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Not Monarch steel cased
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

For plinking I'm buying online from Freedom Munitions. Both new and reman have worked fine.

Buffalo Bore or Underwood for defensive ammo.

Comment

It totally depends on how much you plan to shoot. If just a few hundred rounds a year I'd say whatever's in stock. But with the cost of .40 cal being $.40-$.60 per round on a good day you might want to look into reloading. I make my own for about $.24 each the first time including buying once fired brass, powder, primers, and plated projectiles. Picking up and reusing the brass brings them down to about $.12-.14 each. Huge savings if you are going to shoot hundreds of rounds a month.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I would only shoot Winchester white box if that is all you can get or afford. stuff is dirty as hell.

Blazer Brass shoots well and is clean. Look for the 300+ round cans at academy.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          It totally depends on how much you plan to shoot. If just a few hundred rounds a year I'd say whatever's in stock. But with the cost of .40 cal being $.40-$.60 per round on a good day you might want to look into reloading. I make my own for about $.24 each the first time including buying once fired brass, powder, primers, and plated projectiles. Picking up and reusing the brass brings them down to about $.12-.14 each. Huge savings if you are going to shoot hundreds of rounds a month.
                          I scavenge brass every time I'm at the range. Ask everyone if they reload, if everyone says no, I pick up every piece I can get my hands on! I don't have a re-loading set up, though I am planning for a hobby room in our new house, so once we buy a place, that is #1 on the list.

As for store bought ammo, I've had pretty good luck with Federal, through WWB has been more plentiful as of late.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Everything I've shot through my XD40 has been fine: WWB, Blazer, Monarch, Fiochi, etc.

For carry ammo, I've done Corbon and now Hornady's Critical Duty.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                            X