How do you put a price on a home built AR15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you put a price on a home built AR15

or is it even worth trying to sell a home built AR15? It's a build with different parts from different companies like Spikes Lower, Palmeto upper etc.... Hell, i even forgot what the true specs on everything are id have to dig out all my reciepts.

So back to the question, is it worth selling a home built AR15, is it legal?

TIA

I dont see why not. Unless it looks like you hammered it together with a pry bar and a chisel I would say its not worth much less than anything else. Just show what components that you used. The way I see it is if you bought a brand name rifle and then put all this different crap on it whats the difference between that and just building it like that in the first place. Right now I think is a bad time to try and sell though. Stuff is everywhere and cheap.

Comment

It is legal and there are plenty of parted together ARs out there. I have a couple myself and there are no issues with them.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i'll give you 350

Comment

You decide what you want for it, and ask for that, and negotiate based on your personal goals. It's just like pricing any other object on the planet.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            You decide what you want for it, and ask for that, and negotiate based on your personal goals. It's just like pricing any other object on the planet.
            what he means, is take Matt's $350 and call it a day

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

Exactly.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

Okay

Comment

home-built AR's fetch shit for money... you have to factor in the fact that you might have to go through the entire rifle to make it right into the purchase price
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Post it up for $600-700 and see where it goes from there

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                      Post it up for $600-700 and see where it goes from there
                      x2
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        home-built AR's fetch shit for money... you have to factor in the fact that you might have to go through the entire rifle to make it right into the purchase price
                        Just curious what your reasoning is behind this? Unless it is just ragged the f out, there is only a small handful of things that could go wrong with one of these. In most instances it either works or it doesn't.

Comment

I would think a pieced together rifle could actually be better quality then some out of the box rifles

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

agreed... same with vehicles... but unless you know the builder personally, the safe bet is to assume that they had no idea WTF they were doing
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Buying either sight unseen is a gamble for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X