Piston conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston conversion.

I am exploring piston kits for my sbr. This would be for my 300blk that I have a suppressor in the works for. I really don't want to have all the extra fouling that a conventional gas system will bring with it. I have an adjustable gas block for it already but I'm thinking I would rather have a piston setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good kit?
    Last edited by inline 6; 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM.

Talk to CJ.

Comment

We have all been in your shoes. We all run a DI .300blk.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yeah, I just want to look into it though. I know cj had an issue with his but he found the problem and got it sorted out.

Comment

Comment

Lolz, guess I better get some stock in gun scrubber.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              Lolz, guess I better get some stock in gun scrubber.
              Good call.

Comment

In theory the piston system is a great idea, in reality, everyone I know that's done one has had nothing but problems with it. Unless the firearm is built originally around the piston system like the HK416, I think you'll simply have more headache and parts to break than it's worth. There's a reason the AR platform has and still does use the DI system.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                  In theory the piston system is a great idea, in reality, everyone I know that's done one has had nothing but problems with it. Unless the firearm is built originally around the piston system like the HK416, I think you'll simply have more headache and parts to break than it's worth. There's a reason the AR platform has and still does use the DI system.
                  I have one AR that has a piston conversion on it and my cousin has two. Neither of us has had any problems so far, but they are both on 16" uppers and not pistols or sbrs.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The problem came with the shortness of the pistol piston operating rod. I have a pistol op rod that I have not used and don't plan on it now. I would trade for a carbine or mid length rod.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                    X