No announcement yet.

.300 BLK in a 5.56 rifle - picture of what happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that sucks, about craziest thing I've ever done Was shoot through a box of 308 ammo right in front of my muzzle, I had forgot to move the boxes of ammo away,
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      For sale: fire-formed 300 BLK brassWhat?
      In looking for a picture, I apparently used the terminology wrong, I was thinking of something like this:

I guess "mushroomed" would have been more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        I know it's the other way around, but I shot a round or 3 of 9mm out of my .40. I couldn't understand why my shots weren't hitting the paper at 10 yards, until I saw the stove-piped case laying on the ground. The under-sized bullet was tumbling through the air.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        buddy of mine handed me a box of .380 one day, and told me that they would cycle and shoot out of a 9mm, but the brass will be blown apart.
        I've seen a 40 accidentally get loaded in a 45, split the case in half and had to be taken apart and extracted with a pair of pliers

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          I've seen a 40 accidentally get loaded in a 45, split the case in half and had to be taken apart and extracted with a pair of pliers
          I'm assuming it just jammed.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It fired and then couldn't eject the split case. This was on an XD45.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              It fired and then couldn't eject the split case. This was on an XD45.
              oh okay, sorry. I thought you said a .40 fired a .45. Yeah that can happen. When I fired the 9mm out of my delta it shot it and said "yea whateva" and chambered the next round.

*pop* *pop* *thump* *pop*
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Only first hand stuff I've seen is what was left of a 12 gauge 1100 receiver after a 20 was dropped into the barrel then a 12 went off behind it. Story I got was shooter was using a 20 on the skeet range and took a 12 to the trap field without sorting ammo.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Semi related -
                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJuu7rwNEc[/ame]

Comment

I wish they had of placed a scale next to that cutaway view so I could see exactly how much it stretched out.

Comment

Seems like a solid way to get rid of a pesky hand.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        I wish they had of placed a Dr pepper can next to that cutaway view so I could see exactly how much it stretched out.
                        Now you're talkin
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                        X