Open carry supporters – I have a question for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
    LMFAO.. Soon they'll be carrying wooden swords and ninja stars.
    Both of which are considered prohibited weapons (you could call a wooden sword a club) and a felony.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• This tidbit from TXCHL Forums, from the guy that helped pass CHL Legislation:

""Chatter" during the Republic Convention was not encouraging for open-carry. If demonstrations continue, then I predict open-carry is dead in 2015. There's nothing I or anyone can do about it, other than the people who continue to do that which hurts the cause."
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
        This tidbit from TXCHL Forums, from the guy that helped pass CHL Legislation:

""Chatter" during the Republic Convention was not encouraging for open-carry. If demonstrations continue, then I predict open-carry is dead in 2015. There's nothing I or anyone can do about it, other than the people who continue to do that which hurts the cause."
        http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtop...rt=120#p919475
        No surprise at all. These morons apparently believe the whole "any press is good press" mantra without realizing that the statement is not universal to all topics.

IMO, in Texas, the open carry issue had more chance for success if it stayed low profile. Bringing attention to the issue is going to be more successful in bringing out the opposition than furthering the "cause".

Comment

• I don't know if I replied to this thread or not but I don't believe I have. The thing that gets me about these fools walking around with rifles is that the first time I see one of them working into a store I'm in, I'm going to think they are robbing the place. At least that's going to be my first though. But let one of them act "off" and I can see it going bad with a legitimate CHL carrier.

Let me just say I am opposed to open carry. I don't think there is a place for it here. I know it's been available in other states but I'm not used to it and I wouldn't want to do it myself. I think it just opens up the the open carry person to be a victim in a bad situation (where they are targeted first).

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            Both of which are considered prohibited weapons (you could call a wooden sword a club) and a felony.
            So carry tire knockers.
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Now they are walking around with black powder rifles either made prior to 1899, or replicas or curios of rifles made prior to 1899 due to the loophole:

(3) "Firearm" means any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile through a barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance or any device readily convertible to that use. Firearm does not include a firearm that may have, as an integral part, a folding knife blade or other characteristics of weapons made illegal by this chapter and that is:
              (A) an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899; or
              (B) a replica of an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899, but only if the replica does not use rim fire or center fire ammunition.
              So I can legally open carry my 1897 Mauser Broomhandle? Do I need to buy a fedora?
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• bad choices in head wear is a must.

Comment

• Originally posted by S_K View Post
                  bad choices in head wear is a must.
                  Me:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• ^^^^^

That is a face that even a desperate crack whore would turn down.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Me:

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        Swords and throwing stars are illegal knives and therefore a class A for UCW.

And a wood sword would be nothing because it doesn't meet the definition of a club.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                        X