No announcement yet.

Pending deal for 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can make my RIA malfunction pretty easily by weak wristing it. Have yet to be able to get my XDs 45 to do the same.

I say get both!
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      For that to happen 3 different safeties would all have to fail. Guns go off when you pull the trigger. Sounds like a ND.
      For realz... if more than one 'smith says it's safe, there's more to the story.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I didn't like the RIA compact 1911 I had. I really love full size 1911s, but compacts, not sure. I'd rather carry one of my XDs daily than a compact 1911 and I have an XD, XDm and XDS.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          I didn't like the RIA compact 1911 I had. I really love full size 1911s, but compacts, not sure. I'd rather carry one of my XDs daily than a compact 1911 and I have an XD, XDm and XDS.
          I carried a full-size 1911 a while, never bothered me. The XDS was lighter of course.

Comment

The compacts will usually only cycle ball 230gr RN, just fyi.
            Is this RIA's or all compact 1911's in general? I know having the shorter slide/mass can cause cycling problems with 3" barreled 1911's. I'm on my third Kimber Ultra Carry and I have had varying levels of success with them. The first was a CT model that I bought from a board member, not sure of the round count on it but I can't remember having a failure with when I took it to the range. The second was another Kimber, some sort of Ultra Carry Tactical or something (can't remember the exact model off hand but it had the front grip checkered which I really liked) and I had all kinds of trouble with it. Unknown round count and I'll admit I should have taken it apart and cleaned it better than I did because of that. But I was able to sell it for a minimal loss so I moved on. Oh it also had an external extractor which I read Kimber pretty much stopped using because of all the problems. Didn't feel like mailing it back to them to get it fixed. Now I'm on my third, a Stainless Steel Ultra Carry. I've only had roughly one hundred rounds through it and still breaking it in but it's having problems with FTE's. Going to hang onto it till I have it properly broken in before deciding to keep it or not.

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
            If you are going to carry I would keep the XD9. The first thing is that ammo is about $10 cheaper a 50 than .45, the second is that carrying a single action gun gives makes me nervous.
            I don't know about you guys but I have more trouble finding 9mm than I do .45 ACP. Granted my main source for ammo are my local Walmarts. I even see more .40 S&W there than I do 9mm.

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
            No, had a good friend that was a LEO and use to carry a Colt Commander. He bumped up against a desk and it blew a nice hole through his holster and made a nice divot in the floor. The gun was taken to two separate gunsmiths who told him that there was nothing wrong with the gun and that it was a 1 in XXXXX chance type of thing. He could no longer trust it as his duty weapon so he got rid of it and bought a Glock

I own 1911 and when I holster it at the lease I do have the hammer back but I make sure my strap is covering the pin. When I carry it in the console of my truck I have one in the chamber but the hammer is not back. I can pull the hammer back about as quick as I can drop the safety.
            So he bumped the 1911 into the desk (trigger wasn't engaged) and it went off?? Any idea of what brand it was? I don't think all of the story is being told here or something's not right.

For that to happen 3 different safeties would all have to fail. Guns go off when you pull the trigger. Sounds like a ND.
            Agreed.

Comment

Working...
            X