Wanting to get into AR game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to get into AR game.

I've got three pistols(xd40sc fnx 40 m&p45c) and was thinking bout selling one to get started.

Im leaning hard towards the m&p15 sport. It will be for plinking and HD. Most likely thro some moe stuff on it in the future.

Sooooo let's here what you guys think.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

If you are going to buy a complete gun, you are going to do pretty well with the S&W stuff. Heck my main shooter started life as a S&W M&P15. There are cheaper ones out there but I bet and from lack of complaints I have heard, the S&W line has better quality control.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Build it instead of buying it. There is plenty on help here and online. It is a much more rewarding experience that just buying it outright. If you are new to AR's a home build will teach you more about the rifle than anything else. Also, hardly anyone leaves their rifle stock so you can build it with the upgrades you want.
      03 cobra

Comment

Building it is a good idea. But if u prefer buying, I second the sw ar's... my ar in swat was an m&p15t. Fantastic weapon. Got me top shot in a swat shooting comp. I wished I could kept her... I'll have another one; one day!

Comment

Not scared to build at all really. Just figured this to be easier and don't know where to start. What brand is what and if they are worth getting. I thumbed thru palmetto state website and saw some really cheap prices but didn't know what was what.
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I'm not a brand whore really. I own a hipoint carbine and love it. So it doesn't have to be top shelf but has to work every time tho

Comment

I strongly recommend building your first AR. I was lost when I started, however, now I know my AR inside and out.

If you don't plan on reselling, then I feel that in most instances, a branded rifle doesn't offer a ton of benefit as long as you don't go with the cheapest parts you can get your hands on.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Just my humble 2¢... Build your own, go as cheap as you can, make cheap mistakes. Build a fun, cheap, plinker. Once you know what you really want, and can afford, build/buy your "nice" gun. A few sites that are helpful, once you know the parts you want/need.

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Here's ya a lower to start with.

KY Gun Co is your one-stop online shop with the lowest prices for firearms, ammunition, accessories, parts, and outdoor essentials. We ship fast and easy around the country from our home locations in Kentucky, and are always ready to help.
                  WRX

Comment

The difference between a $4000 boutique AR15 and a bargain bin blem $500 AR15 is they both shoot the same groups. So focus on what's important to you.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

True and going bang every time and not breaking often is what I want.

I'm attracted to the mp sport because no forward assist or dust cover. It does shed some weight and to be honest it's not something I need.

Comment

Sporterized, if that's right?, uppers are typically cheaper than others, and slightly easier to build. (No door/assist to put on ) However, that's crazy simple to do. Go shoot some different ARs and see what you like before you decide.
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                          True and going bang every time and not breaking often is what I want.

I'm attracted to the mp sport because no forward assist or dust cover. It does shed some weight and to be honest it's not something I need.
                          They are just ugly, that's my only qualm.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                            Sporterized, if that's right?, uppers are typically cheaper than others, and slightly easier to build. (No door/assist to put on ) However, that's crazy simple to do. Go shoot some different ARs and see what you like before you decide.
                            Well I've handle a $1000 colt. A $900 sig and the sport. To me other than features and weight they handled and shot the,same

Comment

Cool. So you have a good idea what features you want. Get the parts and start building.

Comment

Working...
                              X