Where to shoot shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to shoot shotgun?

Any suggestions on a range that will let me shoot some buckshot, etc. at targets? I bought some home defense loads for my 12 gauge and want to give them a try to see how it recoils, patterns, and to get some practice cycling the slide as I've never really shot my shotgun since I bought it a REALLY LONG TIME ago. Any ideas?

Alpine has a shot gun range. However, you run the risk of some neck beard shooting you.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Alpine has a shot gun range. However, you run the risk of some neck beard shooting you.
      LMAO, like the guy that was next to me that sent a S&W 500 round straight up through the "ceiling". I think he literally shit his overalls... and yes he had a neck beard and overalls.

Comment

Garland does, on the pistol side at the very end. Its open, you can paste targets on cardboard boxes.
        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
          LMAO, like the guy that was next to me that sent a S&W 500 round straight up through the "ceiling". I think he literally shit his overalls... and yes he had a neck beard and overalls.
          good ole double fire.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            good ole double fire.
            Never had it happen to me but while my step dad was shooting it...we both looked at each other, looked around and decided he was done for the day with the 500, lol.
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Where are you at? I have a little spot out here in Midlothian.

Comment

I've had one too many guns pointed at me to ever go back to that place. I used to go there all the time 6-7 years ago. There was never really that much traffic, so it wasn't too bad. People started packing that place out and it went to shit. I've seen people shoot into the concrete by accident. I've seen them turn to talk to someone and fire off towards the concrete dividers. The last time I went there some kid turned around to show his mom that he hit the target and point the revolver right at my chest. I palmed the pistol back towards the range and his cunt of a mother freaked out at me. I packed all my shit up and never went back.

Comment

Elm Fork Rifle & Pistol
                  10751 Luna Rd
                  Dallas, TX 75220
                  Want to break clays with your shotgun, shoot reactionary steel with your handgun, sight in a new scope, or get training? There is no better destination than Elm Fork Shooting Sports.

FWIW, I have not used a shotgun there, only pistols. They may have some goofy rules on ammo type and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Elm Fork Rifle & Pistol
                    10751 Luna Rd
                    Dallas, TX 75220
                    Want to break clays with your shotgun, shoot reactionary steel with your handgun, sight in a new scope, or get training? There is no better destination than Elm Fork Shooting Sports.

FWIW, I have not used a shotgun there, only pistols. They may have some goofy rules on ammo type and whatnot.
                    you most definitely can not shoot buckshot up there, 7.5 is the largest shot allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Elm Fork Rifle & Pistol
                      10751 Luna Rd
                      Dallas, TX 75220

For HD shotguns they suck. Of course that means that they are not setup for that type of firearm. What will happen is you will be asked what type of shot (00,#2,#4...) you have and assuming it is acceptable they will take you to the far end (by the pop ups) of the pistol bay and allow you to shoot gravel for $12...

I took targets but they wouldnt even let me put them down, only thing I could shoot was gravel, which by chance let me see what type of pattern I was getting.

Would go somewhere else besides Elm Fork...at least for Shotguns
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I believe Targetmaster in Garland allows lead birdshot/buckshot.

Frisco Gun Club may allow lead shot as well, but I'd call first.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          you most definitely can not shoot buckshot up there, 7.5 is the largest shot allowed.
                          Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                          For HD shotguns they suck. Of course that means that they are not setup for that type of firearm. What will happen is you will be asked what type of shot (00,#2,#4...) you have and assuming it is acceptable they will take you to the far end (by the pop ups) of the pistol bay and allow you to shoot gravel for $12...

I took targets but they wouldnt even let me put them down, only thing I could shoot was gravel, which by chance let me see what type of pattern I was getting.

Would go somewhere else besides Elm Fork...at least for Shotguns
                          Well that's just stupid..

Comment

I'll take you out to my private range if you like Jose. You can pattern whatever you want.

this is not an attempt to rape you in the wilderness.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the response everybody. Craizie, Alpine looks like the easiest option if they have dedicated lanes available for shotguns. inline 6, I live in Oak Cliff closer to the Mountain View/Duncanville area. What did you have in mind? Thanks for the suggestion Chili, I probably should have asked at Elm Fork the last time I was there but it was crazy packed (Saturday afternoon) so that may not be the best option. I don't know, maybe Alpine is the same way as it's been years since I've been there. CJ, where did you have in mind?

Comment

Working...
                              X