Colt 1911 models and upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt 1911 models and upgrades

Okay I'm one lucky man. My wife has agreed to buy me a genuine Colt 1911 with a hefty max budget of $1800.

Now this opens up a lot of options. Do I get a National Match Gold Cup series 80 and change it to a series 70 internals (less parts in trigger group)? Do I get blue or SS? Do I get a new release series 70 and upgrade the sights and trigger? Or do I get a Talo series 70 that already has upgrades I may or may not appreciate. All the Lew Hortons are 80 series.... Or should I check out the Colt custom shop?

Decisions.....

Man, that is a lot of coin to spend on a nice 1911. What are you wanting to do with it?
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Stainless Commander with basic go fast upgrades, and enjoy life.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you can find one...............

Manufacturer: Colt
        Model #: Marine Pistol
        Type: Semi-Automatic Pistol
        Finish: Desert Tan Cerakote
        Stock: Desert Camo
        Sights: FT: Novak 1-Dot Night RR: Novak 2-Dot Night
        Barrel Length: 5" National Match
        Overall Length: 8.5"
        Weight: 40 oz
        Caliber: 45AP
        Capacity: 7+1

Comment

sweep the gun show and pick up an original series 70 GCNM for around $1100 use the rest to buy good mags and ammo and any repairs that may be needed

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            If you can find one...............

Manufacturer: Colt
            Model #: Marine Pistol
            Type: Semi-Automatic Pistol
            Finish: Desert Tan Cerakote
            Stock: Desert Camo
            Sights: FT: Novak 1-Dot Night RR: Novak 2-Dot Night
            Barrel Length: 5" National Match
            Overall Length: 8.5"
            Weight: 40 oz
            Caliber: 45AP
            Capacity: 7+1

I was just about to post that. If I ever pay 2500 for a pistol it would be that gun

Comment

I was just about to post that. If I ever pay 2500 for a pistol it would be that gun

Agreed............stupid markup on that gun! Dealer cost is around 1800. Look at what they go for on GB. Insane money.

Someone here asked if I could get one, I called my dealer and my salesman just laughed.

Comment

It's God damn beautiful.

Comment

Is that the MARSOC 1911? If anyone really wants one, I'm direct with Colt. I don't mind doing what I can for board members.

Comment

Also comes with this...........

Packaging: Custom Designed Pelican Case
                    Receiver: Desert Tan Cerakote, Military Standard Rail
                    Chamber:
                    Muzzle:
                    Features: Desert Tan Cerakoted Stainless Steel Slide & Frame
                    Critical Parts Hand Fitted by Custom Shop

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Man, that is a lot of coin to spend on a nice 1911. What are you wanting to do with it?
                      Shoot it and keep it in the safe. If the SHTF, it will be a go to gun along with my Sig 1911 Scorpion and Sig P227. I life 45 ACP for pistols. Honestly I just shoot more accurately with a 5" 1911 than any other pistol. I have a few XDms and an XDS which I really like but I'm not as accurate with them. I could kill squirrels with a 1911 if I needed too.

My son gets my well smithed RIA 1911 range ho once he is old enough.

Yale is direct with Colt? When did you get in the firearms business?

I'm really leaning to a Wiley Talo 70 series....

That's damn near a national match gold cup 70 series..... I wonder if the trigger is worked on these or at least paid some attention too. Ordering this from the custom shop would cost a lot more and take forever.

It comes in 4.25" commander size and 5" gov't size both..... decisions.

My Colt AR is going to get a real Trijicon ACOG for Christmas too. And I bought real colt mags for it too.

I have to admit in 1911s I prefer Wilson mags. I have a small fortune in 47Ds.

I need some Chip M 10 rounders though.

As for 45 ACP, I have a lot, and I have a whole lot of 230 gr supplies for reloading too and a ton of red dot.... not the newest 45 powder but a reliable one.

P.S. I will post pictures when the wife delivers!
                      Last edited by AnthonyS; 07-28-2014, 10:14 PM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

You need Tripp mags, dude.

Comment

Colt 1911 models and upgrades

The marine 1911 is cool. But that being said, it's pretty much just a colt rail gun that you can get all day long, no wait and or stupid mark up. If the marine markings and QR tag isn't a deal breaker, the rail guns are nice.
                          Last edited by David; 07-28-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I already have a 1911 with a rail. I don't want a 2nd one. Sure it has an external extractor, but oh well. It's also already cerakoted in FDE, so the Marine gun doesn't appeal to me. Neither do the rail guns. I'd rather have a gold cup or series 70.

Tripp mags?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X