No announcement yet.

2014 Dove Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington makes some crazy #6 high-brass loads. It's 1.25oz at 1500fps. They actually do it in #6 and #4. It's nasty as fuck.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Well, that's why I don't reload bird shot. Because my time is worth more than the hours on end it would take fiddling with shot and a turrent shotshell press. It's the only ammo I buy really.
      I am with you on that; I have just been buying the good stuff since last season but I ordered 44lbs of nickle plated 7.5 shot this morning and will try to duplicate the factory hotrod stuff.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Remington makes some crazy #6 high-brass loads. It's 1.25oz at 1500fps. They actually do it in #6 and #4. It's nasty as fuck.
      That sounds like a stout load. I'd like to research is. Can you post a part number?
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Unless you have a supply of good shot at a decent price hand loading shotgun shells is not cost effective. I have everything I need to load 20 and 12 but don't cause I can buy a flat of Remington Gun club for the same price or a few dollars less than when I reload. Then you have the Winchester AA promo where you can get $100 rebate for buying a certain amount that make it hard to beat loading 28 or 410 shells.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          I am with you on that; I have just been buying the good stuff since last season but I ordered 44lbs of nickle plated 7.5 shot this morning and will try to duplicate the factory hotrod stuff.

That sounds like a stout load. I'd like to research is. Can you post a part number?
          I can. Federal also has the same shot size at 1.125oz at 1500fps.
          Last edited by YALE; 08-07-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

$57 for 250 rounds of Estate dove loads, deal?

Sunflowers are about three and a half feet tall in my shooting spot. They're local but could have got my limit today. Lots of dove around Whitney.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

That's a good deal. They're likely to just be 1oz target load for that price, but you can for sure kill doves with that.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                $57 for 250 rounds of Estate dove loads, deal?

Sunflowers are about three and a half feet tall in my shooting spot. They're local but could have got my limit today. Lots of dove around Whitney.
                For a flat that isn't bad. Where is that? That may be my shot this year.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  For a flat that isn't bad. Where is that? That may be my shot this year.

Surprisingly they're at Dicks Sporting Goods. $7 a box, buy 4 and get the 5th free. No limit.

I'm still looking for better deals locally but this is the best I've found.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Academy has some 250 for $54 Winchester, and Rio was $62 I think. Not bad prices.

Comment

I bought a dirt-cheap dove getter today. I've got like 6 possible places to hunt, and I've got a bunch of ammo. I'm pretty fired up about it.

Comment

Nice! What did you get? I wish I had 6 placea to go! I have 1 for sure, and a couple of maybes. I need my own land!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                          Nice! What did you get? I wish I had 6 placea to go! I have 1 for sure, and a couple of maybes. I need my own land!!
                          Just a Mossberg SA-20, to get me through the rest of college. I'll get a swankier gun when I'm gainfully employed.

Comment

I have some swanky guns, but I have killed more birds with my old 870 than anything else. I still love that gun. I shot my grandfathers Model 12, 16 gauge last year during dove season - now that was very cool.

Comment

I'm ready… It's gonna suck though because i lost my dog to lymphoma in April and he won't be out there with me. I had him cremated and i'm spreading his ashes on the same field we always hunt on opening day.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Damn man I'm sorry to hear about your pup.
                                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                                X