Water damaged XD Compact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
    Eh I'm not a huge fan of Glocks honestly.

No I have not taken apart the lower, Need to get an illustrated parts takedown and some tools for that. Used some "Powder Blast" rem oil, Hoppes no 8 and a lot of elbow grease. Got it pretty clean and it function checks, but I do need to find a gunsmith or take it down myself.
    Go to Youtube. There are plenty of videos. I would take the gun down to nothing and look at every piece and clean them. The ONLY thing I would leave in is the magazine release. They are near impossible to do. You can pull the button but once the spring and latch come out you are in a world of trouble. The rest is simple.

Hell, if I was home I would do it for you. If I get fired in a day or so I may need a project anyways.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Go to Youtube. There are plenty of videos. I would take the gun down to nothing and look at every piece and clean them. The ONLY thing I would leave in is the magazine release. They are near impossible to do. You can pull the button but once the spring and latch come out you are in a world of trouble. The rest is simple.

Hell, if I was home I would do it for you. If I get fired in a day or so I may need a project anyways.

LOL getting fired? Damn. Yeah i'm going to check out a couple when I get home and see about taking it all the way down. Hopefully all I need is standard tools and nothing crazy. Here is a photo of the gun when we found it. It was completely covered in that talcum powder-like dirt.

Untitled by Photography by Daniel Rodriguez, on Flickr

I hate the magazine release, it's one of my pet peeves about that gun. I was kind of hoping that if I were to refurb the gun that I could get a new one lol so that kind of sucks
      Last edited by Danny46; 08-07-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I doubt you'll see any accuracy lost. Did you do a complete tear down to the nitty gritty?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I will be home next week if you want me to look at it. Looks like I will have some time on my hands.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I will be home next week if you want me to look at it. Looks like I will have some time on my hands.
            The fuck? Dickheads. Did you yell at somebody for spraying shit all over the toilet seat again?
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

OP. if you decide to sell it. I call first dibs.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

My solution to this problem would be shooting it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Or give it to me for $50. And he can buy a new one.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    The fuck? Dickheads. Did you yell at somebody for spraying shit all over the toilet seat again?
                    What he said
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      @Soap if I do I'll let you know lol

@CJ I cannot shoot it, I cannot get the slide to lock in place properly or I would. Trust me After 4 hours of deep cleaning this thing and scrubbing rust off I was ready to shoot it

Comment

Know anyone who can throw it in a sonic cleaner for you?

Comment

@CJ I cannot shoot it, I cannot get the slide to lock in place properly or I would. Trust me After 4 hours of deep cleaning this thing and scrubbing rust off I was ready to shoot it
                          Did you do a complete tear down on it?

Comment

How does the slide not locking back prevent you from shooting it?
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              How does the slide not locking back prevent you from shooting it?
                              Maybe it's not seating correctly when chambered.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                Maybe it's not seating correctly when chambered.
                                I figure if it's on the rails and racking fine, moving complete forward into battery and no obstructions in the barrel...it ought to shoot.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X